Aloo chop recipe – Learn how to make aloo chop recipe. Watch my step by step Bengali aloo chop recipe video in Hindi. This is quick potato chop or aloo chop made with bread crumbs.
There are two different ways of making aloo chop. In this recipe we will learn how to make aloo chop with bread crumbs. It is super quick and easy. For making bread crumbs at home just break bread in small pieces. Grind them in grinder till they are fine. Here we don’t need to toast the bread before making bread crumbs.
Aloo chop or potato chop are also made with besan. Here they are made in aloo bonda style. After making potato patty dip it in besan or gram flour batter instead of bread crumbs.
In Authentic Bengali style aloo chop, we dip aloo patty in egg then roll it in bread crumbs. If you don’t want to use egg you can use thin maida or corn flour slurry. And then roll the chops in bread crumbs.
For the best results ,It is very important that you fry aloo chop in medium hot oil. And also do not over crowd them in pan while frying. Deep fry them till they are golden brown and crisp. Serve them hot and crisp with spicy coriander chutney or your favorite dip.
If you are looking for more super quick and easy snacks you may like suji pakora, aloo vada, pizza cups, cheese sandwich. And of course do try these lip smacking aloo chop and I am sure you will love them.
Aloo chop / Potato chop recipe card:
- Cumin seeds: 1tsp
- Green chilli fine chopped: 2
- Fine chopped onion: 1 big size
- Ginger garlic paste: 1tbsp
- Turmeric powder: ½ tsp
- Boiled potatoes: 4 roughly mashed
- Red chilli powder: ½ tsp
- Coriander powder: 1tsp
- Garam masala: ¼ tsp
- Cumin powder: ½ tsp
- Fine copped coriander leaves: 2-3 tbsp
- Egg: 1
- Bread crumbs: ½ cup
- Heat a pan on medium heat.
- Add 1 tsp of cumin seeds and let them crackle.
- Now add 2 fine chopped green chillies and saute for few seconds.
- To this add 1 big size fine chopped onion.
- Saute and cook till onions are slight brown.
- Now add 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste, mix well and cook till onions are nice brown.
- As onions turns brown add ½ tsp of turmeric powder and give a nice stir.
- Now add 4 boiled and roughly mashed potatoes.
- Also add 1/ tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, ¼ tsp garam masala, ½ tsp cumin powder and salt.
- Mix everything well.
- If you see any big pieces of potatoes mash them with spatula.
- Let the potato ans masala cook for few minutes.
- Once mixture is ready, take it out in bowl and let it cool down completely.
- Now break one egg in a bowl.
- Mix it well.
- Grease hands with oil.
- Take small amount of mixture and roll it between palms.
- Pat it and make a thin patty.
- Dip patty in egg from all the sides.
- Take it out and roll it in bread crumbs from all sides.
- Heat oil at medium high heat.
- Put 2-3 patties in hot oil.
- Deep fry aloo chop till it is crisp and golden brown from both side.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!!
Aloor chop / Aloo Chop step by step video Hindi: