Aloo dahi vada is a simple quick vrat recipes or fasting recipes. Aloo ke dahi vade are specially popular during festivals and Navratri vrat.
Potato dahi vada is a different recipe. You can easily make them in bulk and take them for potlucks and parties. Main ingredient used in making aloo ke dahi vade is potato and kuttu ka atta. As a substitute you can also use singare ka atta.
Today I made making aloo dahi vada for fasting so did not use sweet chutney. I made curd little sweeter and garnished dahi vadas with pomegranate seeds . This will make aloo dahi vada very delicious and also we do not need sweet chutney.
You can make these aloo dahi vadas for evening snacks and when guests come over. You can also try my urad dal dahi vadas. They are also melt in mouth and super easy to do.
Aloo ke dahi vade recipe video:
Aloo ke dahi vade recipe card:
- Boiled and peeled big size potatoes: 2
- Kuttu atta or singhare ka atta: 2 tbsp
- Black peper powder: ½ tp
- Cumin powder: ½ tsp
- Fine chopped green chilly: 2
- Fine chopped coriander leaves: 1tbsp
- Sendha namak or regular salt: to taste
- Red chilly powder: ¼ tsp
- Thick curd or yogurt: ¾ cup
- Sugar: 1½ tbsp
- Pomegranate seeds: 2 tbsp
- Oil for frying
- Take curd and add sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Mix them well and keep aside.
- Take a mixing bowl and mash boiled potatoes.
- To this add kuttu atta, salt, green chilly coriander leaves, black pepper powder, zeera powder.
- Mix them well.
- Grease hands with oil and make small size vadas.
- Fry the vadas in oil till they are golden brown and crisp.
- Take them out in a paper towel.
- Dip the vadas in curd mixture and take them out in serving bowl.
- Garnish with fine chopped coriander leaves, pomegranate, chilly powder, zeera powder and salt.
- Aloo ka dahi vada is ready. Enjoy.
- For more quick and easy recipes visit www.foodsandflavorsbyshilpi.com