How to make Aloo katli? Here is a quick potato recipe made with aloo and fresh spices. This aloo katli is different from our usual aloo ki sabzi which we make regularly.
Aloo is a one of the most important ingredient in Indian cuisine. I love aloo and often use it in many of my recipes. You can try:
- Shadi wale aloo: no onion no garlic potato curry made in Indian weddings.
- Aloo pakora: crisp kurkure potato fritters yum and super delicious,
- Aloo bonda: different version of our regular aloo bonda. You can resist it !!!
- Aloo ke dhi vade: very different and very tasty dahi vadas.
This aloo katli recipe it’s quick and easy to make. When you don’t know what to make for lunch or dinner try thus aloo ki sabzi and I am sure you will love it.
We do not add many spices in making aloo katli. Only salt, red chilly is used as spices. Other than that we will use fresh ginger garlic, green chiilies and tomatoes which gives aloo ki sabzi very earthy flavor.
You can enjoy aloo katli as a side dish with chapati, paratha or rice.
Aloo Katli recipe video:
Aloo Katli recipe card:
- Potatoes: 4 ( cut them in thick slices and dip them in water)
- Grated ginger garlic or ginger garlic paste: 1tbsp
- Medium size tomato: 1 fine chopped
- Red chilly powder: ½ tsp
- Green chilly chopped: 2
- Cumin seeds: 1tsp
- Salt to taste
- Fine chopped coriander leaves: 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in pressure cooker.
- As oil gets hot add cumin seeds and green chilly.
- Mix well and add potato slices and ginger garlic paste, mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- After 4 minutes add chopped tomatoes, mix it well.
- Cook till tomatoes are soft and mushy and potatoes are slightly roasted.
- Now add ½ cup of water, give it a stir and take two whistles.
- Once pressure cooker is cold, open it and check if potatoes are done.
- If potatoes are not soft take one more whistle.
- If potatoes are soft cook cook them for 2 more minutes without the lid.
- Aloo katli is ready.
- Once it gets little cold take it out in a bowl and garnish with fine chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve aloo katli with parathas or chapatis.