Aloo paratha recipe with step by step video. Try this Punjabi style aloo paratha for kids lunchbox, breakfast. This Dhaba style aloo paratha is great for travelling and picnics.
Aloo paratha is a famous Indian breakfast which can be made in jiffy if you have boiled potatoes handy. It is popular all over India but if you go to Punjab it is the staple breakfast. Aloo paratha is often served with thick yogurt, pickle and a dollop of butter. you don’t need many side dish with aloo paratha. It so yum that you can’t stop at one.
How to make aloo ka paratha ? It’s a simple recipe. Just knead dough, make aloo masala, stuffed the dough with masala, roll it and cook it on pan. Sound easy isn’t it? But sometimes it’s very tough to roll them and make them.
Punjabi aloo ka paratha is a famous breakfast recipe. I too make it for my kids lunch box and breakfast. Sometimes I make achari aloo paratha where I cook aloo ka paratha with achaar oil. Trust me it gives very nice flavor and taste to paratha. Do try it once and I am sure you will love it for sure
Here are some quick tips and tricks for making perfect aloo parathas:
- Always grate potatoes so that they won’t come out while rolling.
- Chop coriander very fine so that it also won’t come out while rolling.
- Knead soft , elastic and smooth dough so that it did not break while rolling.
- Make same size dough and potato balls.
- Make sure stuffed dough balls should rest for few minutes before rolling.
- Roll parathas with very gentle hands .
- Cook them on hot pan till they become crisp and golden brown.
Want to watch aloo paratha recipe in Hindi. Here is a quick hindi video recipe of alu ka paratha.
Aloo paratha recipe video:
Aloo paratha recipe card:
- Very Fine chopped coriander leaves: 2tbsp
- Coriander powder: 2 tsp
- Dry mango or amchur powder: 1tsp
- Cumin powder: 1tsp
- Red chilly powder: ½ tsp
- Garam masala: ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Atta or whole wheat flour: 1½ cup
- Boiled, peeped and grated potato: 4
- In a mixing bowl take atta, add oil and add salt.
- Mix well and add little water at a time and knead soft, smooth and elastic dough.
- Knead the dough for atleast 8-10 minutes so that it can become soft and elastic.
- once dough is ready, cover it and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Ina meanwhile take grated potatoes and add red chilly, cumin powder, amchur powder, garam masala, coriander powder and salt.
- Mix everything well and make 5-6 balls out of it.
- Now take out the dough and knead it once again.
- Take small amount of dough and make small size balls.
- Dough balls should be same size as of potato balls.
- Now take one dough ball, dip it in dry flour and roll it to a small circle.
- Put the potato ball in center and cover it from all the sides.
- Do same with the other dough balls.
- Now take one ball dip it in dry four and roll it to big circle.
- Make sure to roll it with very gentel hands.
- Put the rolled paratha on medium high heat pan.
- Let it cook till you see bubbles on top.
- Now turn the paratha and apply some oil on it.
- Flip it again and apply oil on this side to.
- Press the paratha gently so that it can puff up.
- Cook patratha from both side till it gets brown spots.
- Once paratha is ready take it out of the pan and serve it hot with chutney and yogurt.
- For more quick and easy recipes visit www.foods andflavorsbyshilpi.com