Besan pyaaz ki sabji / Besan onion curry recipe with step by step video . When you don’t have vegetables at home try this spicy besan ki sabji and I am sure you will love it.
I ate this besan pyaaj ki sabji at my friend’s house. I loved it and thought of sharing the recipe with everyone. when you get bored with regular curries try this spicy, flavorful and aromatic sabji and you will be amazed. It’s melt in mouth and super delicious.
It is very easy to make this sabji.Today I have made spicy onion garlic base gravy. You can also try in only ginger tomato gravy that alsp tastes good.
While making besan ki sabji make sure that you add some soda to besan mixture. This will make besan soft and fluffy while cooking. Also do not stir the gravy once you drop dumplings other wise they will become mushy.
If you like this sabji you may also try:
- Gatte ki sabji: chatpati mazedaar gatte cooked in onion tomato gravy.
- Egg curry: spicy dhaba style curry.
- Mushroom curry: kids favorite yum and delicious mushrooms cooked in wonderful gravy.
Besan ki sabji recipe video :
Besan ki sabji recipe card :
- Fine chopped coriander leaves: 1 tbsp
- Fine chopped onions: ⅔ cup
- Grind tomatoes: ⅔ cup
- Baking soda: a pinch
- Gram flour or besan : ½ cup
- Crushed ginger garlic: 1 tbsp
- Salt: to taste
- Kasoori methi or fenugreek leaves: 1 tbsp
- Kashmiri lal mirch powder: ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder: ½ tsp
- Red chilly powder: ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder: 2 tsp
- Cumin: 1tsp
- Garam masala: ¼ tsp
- Amchur powder: ¼ tsp
- In a mixing bowl take besan or gram flour, add ¼ tsp of turmeric powder, ¼ tsp of red chilly
- powder, salt and coriander leaves to it.
- Mix them well and keep it aside.
- Heat 4 tbsp oil in karahi or wok. Add cumin seeds and let them splatter.
- Now add kashmiri lal mirch, turmeric powder and ginger garlic and mix well.
- Now add fine chopped onions, mix everything and add salt.
- Let the onions cook for few mi utes.
- Now cover the pan and cook the onions till oil separates.
- Once onions starts oozing oil add red chilly powder, coriander powder, garam masala and amchur powder.
- Mix the masalas and add ground tomatoes.
- Saute tomatoes well, cover the pan and let the gravy cook till it looses oil again.
- Saute it couple of times to avoid burning.
- When you see oil seperates from gravy add kasoori methi and mix it.
- Now add ½ glass of water and mix well.
- Now add another ½ glass and let the gravy come to boil.
- In a meanwhile mix a pinch of soda in gram flour mixture.
- Now reduce the heat to low, add small balls of gram flour mixture in gravy.
- Cover the pan and let the dumpling cook in gravy for 7-8 minutes.
- Do not mix in between.
- After 8 minutes switch off the heat .
- Besan pyaaz ki sabzi is ready to serve.
- Enjoy it with parathas or chapati.