Bread pizza pockets or bread pizza rolls : Yummy and delicious snack for kids, adults, parties and potlucks. If you are a pizza lover you will love these bread pizza pockets for sure.
Quick snacks are my specialty. You will find super quick snacks like cheese balls, bread katori chaat, spring rolls , chutney cheese toast, pizza paratha and lots of fun and yummy recipes in snacks and appetizer section of the blog.
Talking about today’s recipe bread pizza pockets, it is one of our family favorites. It is basically made with bread rolls stuffed with pizza topping mixture. You can make them ahead of time and fry them when guests come over.
In making the stuffing you can use any vegetable which is available at your home. I have added pasta sauce, but you can also add pizza sauce here. If you don’t have pasta sauce or pizza sauce just add fine chopped tomatoes or tomato puree and cook it till it becomes dry.
I have also used oregano and chilly flakes for making bread pizza pockets. For making chilly flakes at home grind dry red chilly coarsely in grinder. In place of oregano you can also use pizza seasoning.
Here are some tips on how to make perfect bread pizza pockets:
- You can use any mix of veggies that you like in stuffing.
- Use pasta sauce, pizza sauce or even fine chopped tomatoes in stuffing.
- Add cheese only when stuffing is completely cold.
- If your bread is breaking while rolling, sprinkle some water and then roll again.
- Make sure to close the edges properly so that stuffing does not come out while frying.
- Serve them hot and crisp.
Bread Pizza Pocket Recipe Video
Bread Pizza Pocket Recipe Card:
- Bread slice: 8- 10
- Fine chopped garlic – ginger: 1tbsp
- Fine chopped onions: ½ cup
- Fine chopped carrots: ½ cup
- Fine chopped capsicum: ½ cup
- Frozen corns: ¼ cup
- Olives: 3-4
- Sugar: 1tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oregano: 1 tsp
- Chilly flakes: 1tsp
- Pasta or pizza sauce : ¼ cup
- Oil for frying
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan.
- As oil gets hot add ginger garlic and saute for some time.
- Once raw smell of garlic is gone add onions and saute till onions till they are pink.
- Once onions are slightly cooked add carrots, capsicum, corns and olives.
- Mix well and cook till veggies are little soft. Don’t overcook the veggies keep them crunchy.
- Now add pasta sauce and mix well.
- Add sugar, salt, oregano, chilly flakes and mix for a minute.
- Switch off the heat and let the stuffing cool down for some time.
- Once stuffing is completely cold add grated cheese to it and mix it.
- Take the edges out of the bread and roll them flat.
- Now put generous amount of stuffing on one side of the bread.
- Roll it to a tight roll. At the edges apply some water and stick them properly.
- Deep fry the pockets in hot oil till they are golden brown and crisp.
- Serve them hot with tomato ketchup or your favorite dip.
2. Use pasta sauce, pizza sauce or even fine chopped tomatoes in stuffing.
3. Add cheese only when stuffing is completely cold.
4. If your bread is breaking while rolling, sprinkle some water and then roll again.
5. Make sure to close the edges properly so that stuffing does not come out while frying.
6. Serve them hot and crisp.