Bread poha vada or poha cutlets is a quick snack which is made with very few ingredients available at home. Poha cutlet is a quick evening snack which you can also make for parties or get togethers.
Bread poha vada is made with bread, poha, peanuts and basic spices. Poha or flattened rice is used in many ways. Usually I make shahi poha which is good for breakfast and I also make poha kachori which is a quick party snack.
To make poha vada or poha cutlet I have used some bread and mashed potato with poha. I have also used raw coarse mixture of peanuts which gives nice crunch and taste to them. It is very important that you make smooth vadas otherwise they may break while frying. You can also use some grated carrots, fine chopped beans for variation.
These poha vadas or poha cutlets tastes best when served with fresh coriander chutney or coconut chutney.
Bread Poha Vada Video Recipe
Bread Poha Vada Recipe Card
- Boiled potato : 3 -4 or 1 cup mashed
- Poha (beaten rice): ½ cup
- Bread pieces: 2
- Peanuts: ¼ cup
- Fine chopped onions: ½ cup
- Fine chopped ginger: 1 tsp
- Fine chopped green chili: 2
- Fine chopped coriander leaves: 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice: 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Wash and soak poha in water for fifteen minutes.
- Break bread in small pieces and grind them in mixer and make bread crumbs.
- After fifteen minutes sieve the water out.
- In a bowl mash or grate boiled potatoes.
- Add drained poha, bread crumbs, peanuts, ginger, chili, lemon juice, coriander leaves and salt.
- Mix everything and knead it like a dough.
- Now take some oil in hands and grease them.
- Divide the mixture in small parts, roll them and make vadas.
- Make sure vadas are smooth from all the sides.
- Heat oil on medium high heat.
- When oil is hot enough deep fry vadas till they are golden brown and crisp.
- Serve them hot with chutney.