Baked bread rolls recipe with video: quick bread rolls made with bread, stuffed with cheese and veggies and baked to a nice and crisp snack.
Bread rolls are one of those super simple snacks or appetizers that often comes to my mind when I ran out of ideas. I have also posted the recipe of potato bread rolls and noodle bread rolls. Those bread rolls were made in regular fried way. But this recipe is different, we are going to bake them instead of deep frying.
These baked bread rolls are guilt free and can be made with very less oil without really compromising on the taste. These bread rolls can also be pan fried with little oil on the pan.
I filled these baked bread rolls with veggies and cheese stuffing. You can also make these bread rolls with any other stuffing like paneer and peas, fried noodles, scrambled egg and cheese or any other stuffing of your choice. Let your imaginations go wild and come up with new ideas and you can make different types of baked bread rolls every time. You can even try making these bread rolls with any leftover veggies in your kitchen.
To make these baked bread rolls I used sandwich bread as it is little big and perfect square shaped that gives enough room for the stuffing. I also took out the crust so that bread can easily be rolled. I rolled the bread over Italian seasoning so that all the seasoning gets stuck to the bread and easier to handle.
You can make these baked bread rolls for parties or kid’s tiffin box, have them as snacks, breakfast or whenever you are looking for something quick, easy and different. I am sure you are going to love them.
Watch my easy to follow step by step instructional recipe video of Baked bread Rolls for more details
Here is the detailed recipe of Baked Bread Rolls:
- Bread slices: 6
- Onion: ½ cup (Fine chopped)
- Bell peppers or capsicum: ½ cup (Fine chopped)
- Frozen corns: ½ cup (defrost)
- Chilly flakes: ½ tsp or to taste
- Green Chilly: 1 fine chopped
- Grated mozzarella cheese: ½ cup
- Salt: To taste
- Italian seasoning
- Olive Oil (or any other oil you prefer)
- Heat little oil in a pan.
- Add onions and saute till they become little pink.
- Add capsicum and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add frozen corns and cook till veggies become little tender.
- In between add salt, chilly flakes, green chilly and mix everything.
- Once veggies are little tender transfer them in a bowl and let them cool down for some time.
- Take out bread crusts and roll the bread over the seasoning.
- Take generous amount of veggie filling and put it on the bread, now add grated cheese.
- Hold the bread from one side and fold it and make a roll.
- At the end put little water and gently press the bread so that everything sticks together.
- Pre-heat oven at 380F or 190C and lined the baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Transfer the rolls on the sheet and bake them for 6-8 minutes.
- Flip them over bake them again for 6-8 minutes or till they become light brown and crispy.
- Bread rolls are ready to serve.