Bread rolls with noddles stuffing is a snack which is crispy from outside and soft from inside. These delicious indo chinese bread rolls are one of our family favorites.
Bread is such a versatile ingredient that you just mix and match with anything and it will give you a wonderful new dish. Bread rolls are one of the many scrumptious bread dishes. This crispy and appetizing snack can be made with bread slices and any filling of your choice. You can pretty much make your own stuffing by venturing with mix of veggies and spices to make bread rolls. You could also try these bread rolls with potato stuffing.
In this recipe of making bread rolls we are using noodles as filling that brings nice Chinese flavor to this typical Indian snack. Also I feel kids love these bread rolls more that regular bread rolls because of noodle filling.
Whenever I make noodles I make sure to prepare some extra noodles. I use these leftover noodles either for making noodle spring rolls or these mouthwatering noodle bread rolls.
In this recipe of making bread rolls I used white bread, which could be substituted with wheat bread if you like. It works just fine with both the breads. Taking out the crusts of bread while making bread rolls in not mandatory but it makes it easier to stick and roll, so I prefer to do it that way. Also, do remember to not wet the bread too much otherwise it will be hard to make rolls. Before frying carefully seal the bread rolls from all the side. Always fry bread rolls at medium temperature so that they get cooked all the way to inside.
These bread rolls tastes best when served hot or warm with coriander chutney or ketchup. These bread rolls can be served as starter dish or party appetizers.
Check out my easy to follow step by step instructional recipe video for making bread rolls:
Bread rolls with Noddles stuffing recipe card:
- ----For Noodles:
- Ginger garlic paste (or grated): 2 tbsp,
- Onion (thin sliced): ½ cup,
- Carrot (thin sliced): ½ cup,
- Capsicum (thin sliced): ½ cup,
- Cabbage (thin sliced): ½ cup,
- Soya sauce: 2 tsp,
- Boiled noodles: 1 ½ cup,
- Salt: to taste,
- Black Pepper: ¼ tsp,
- Chilly sauce: 1 tsp,
- Vinegar: 1 tsp,
- Green onion (thin sliced): 2 tbsp,
- Cooking Oil: 2-3 tbsp
- ----For Bread Rolls:
- Sandwich breads: 7-8,
- Salted water in a bowl,
- Cooking oil for deep frying
- In a hot pan add some oil, ginger garlic paste and sauté it for few seconds.
- Add chopped onions and carrots to it and mix it well. Now add chopped capsicum.
- Cook for 2 minutes then add chopped cabbage and mix everything.
- Add soya sauce and boiled noodles. Cook for 2 minutes and add salt.
- Add chilly sauce, white vinegar and saute for some time.
- Add fine chopped green onions mix everything and switch of the stove. Let the noodles cool down completely.
- Take the bread pieces and take the crusts out.
- Mix little salt in water. Pour this water on bread piece and squeeze it between your hands.
- Put noodle stuffing inside and seal all the sides and corners.
- Heat the oil at medium heat and deep fry them till they become brown and crispy.
- Take them out on the paper towel. Sprinkle some chaat masala on top.
- Bread rolls are ready to serve.
2. You can make noodle ahead of time and use whenever you want to use them.
3. Don't forget to seal the corners and sides before deep frying the bread.
4. Don't fry them in very hot oil otherwise rolls will cook only from outside and not inside.
5. If possible use sandwich bread for making bread rolls.