These quick crispy bread rolls can be done in minutes, if you prepare potato mixture ahead of time. You can also make these bread rolls with leftover potatoes. Sometimes I do noodles bread rolls which is other version of making bread rolls.
My mom makes amazing bread rolls she sometimes serve them like dahi vadas. She cuts bread rolls in half then she pours some sweet sour chutney, green coriander chutney, yogurt and thin sev and serve them. I love to eat them as it is Hot and crispy with green chutney yum…..
I used wheat sandwich bread to make these bread rolls but you can use white bread or multigrain bread. I like this recipe as all the ingredients are simple and available in home almost every time. To make the stuffing I have used chopped onions which gives little crunch to bread rolls, but it is optional. I have also used amchoor powder or dry mango powder to give little sourness.
While making these bread rolls I have added little salt to the dipping water so that bread also get some salt otherwise it tastes very bland. I have also taken out the bread crust so that bread can be rolled easily. One important thing to remember while making these bread rolls is do not dip the bread inside the water just pour some water on the braed the idea is here so just make the bread little wet so it is easy to roll. After stuffing, seal the corners and sides properly as we are going to deep fry these rolls in oil. You can watch my video to see the rolling technique to seal the bread roll.
I always recommend to deep fry these rolls on medium heat and occasional turning so that they get cooked all they to inside. I always like to serve them hot with green chutney, tomato ketchup and a hot cup to tea. Tastes heavenly.
Bread Rolls with Potato Stuffing Video Recipe
Bread Rolls with Potato Stuffing Detailed Recipe Card
- Bread pieces (wheat or white bread): 4-5,
- Boiled Mashed Potato: 1 big,
- Fine chopped onion: ½ cup,
- Chopped coriander or cilantro leaves: 2 tbsp,
- Fine chopped green chilly: 2,
- Salt to taste,
- Dry Mango (Khatai or Amchur) powder: 1 tsp
- In a bowl mix together potato, onion, coriander leaves, green chilly, salt and amchur powder.
- In another bowl take some water and add salt to it.
- Take out the sides of the bread. Take one piece of bread and pour the salty water on it and gently squeeze it between your palms.
- Put the potato stuffing inside and seal all the corners carefully.
- Heat the oil at medium heat. Fry these rolls till they turn brown and crispy.
- Enjoy this yummy snack in breakfast, tea time evening with your favorite dip.
Make sure you cover all the sides and corners before frying the rolls.
Don’t dip the bread in water for long time otherwise bread will become very soft and tough to handle.