Rice pakora or chawal ke pakore is a quick and delicious snack. Do watch my quick chawal ke pakore video recipe in Hindi. Rice pakoras are made with rice, gram flour and spices.
These crispy rice pakoras are made with cooked or leftover boiled rice. I have also added freshly ground cumin, coriander and carom seeds here that enhances the flavor multiple times and the aroma of fresh coriander leaves and curry leaves makes them super appetizing.
Here in making rice pakoras I have used leftover boiled rice, which is pretty soft. If you are using rice which is little hard then add little water and cook it for some extra time till rice becomes little soft. Also you may have to mix more or less gram flour till you get the nice the desired consistency.
I have also posted the recipe of idli fry which is made from leftover idlis, roti pakora which is made with leftover chapatis and roti cutlets which is made with leftover rotis. All of them are must try atleast once.
Serve these crisp, teekhe catpate chawal ke pakore with spicy lehsun ke chutney or green coriander chutney.
Rice Pakoras or Chawal ke Pakore Recipe Video:
Rice pakoras or Chawal ke pakore recipe card:
- Chili flakes: 1 tsp
- Fine chopped coriander leaves: 1 tbsp
- Fine chopped curry leaves: 8-10
- Coriander seeds: ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds: ½ tsp
- Carom seeds: ¼ tsp
- Fine chopped onions: ½ cup
- Turmeric powder: ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Boiled rice: 2 cups
- Gram flour / besan: ¾ cup
- Crush coriander, cumin and carom seeds to coarse powder.
- In a mixing bowl take boiled rice add ground spice powder.
- Add chili flakes, coriander and curry leaves, onions, turmeric powder, gram flour and salt.
- Mix everything well.
- Heat oil on medium heat.
- When oil is hot enough drop bite size balls in oil.
- Fry them till they are golden brown and crisp.
- Serve them hot.