Cheese Paratha recipe with quick step by step video. This cheese paratha is kid’s favorite and I often make it for their tiffin box and after school snacks.
Parathas are whole wheat bread which can be made with or without stuffing. I have also made pizza paratha which is very famous among kids. You can make cheese paratha for breakfast, brunch, after school snacks or tiffin box.
In making cheese parathas I made stuffing with veggies, cheese, pizza seasoning and chilli. You can add any vegetable of your choice and also you can make it more or less spicy according to your choice.
In making cheese paratha it is very important that you knead nice soft and elastic dough. Knead it for few minutes with your palm so that it becomes smooth. If dough is not soft enough it will be tough to roll parathas.
You can even make this cheese paratha with left-over dough. Whenever I want to make them for breakfast I make stuffing and dough one day in advance and put them in fridge. This way I can just make them in jiffy in the morning.
Cheese paratha tastes best when served hot. But you can also keep them in kid’s lunch box. They taste yum at school. You can serve them with pickle, chutney or tomato ketchup.
Here are some tips to make perfect cheese parathas:
- Knead soft, elastic and smooth dough.
- Veggies should be chopped very fine so that they don’t break the parathas while rolling.
- We don’t have to cook veggies for long time. They should be little crispy.
- Roll parathas very gently otherwise they will break.
- You can make any shape of parathas.
Cheese Paratha Recipe Video:
Cheese Paratha Recipe Card:
- To make dough:
- Whole wheat flour / Atta: 2 cups
- Salt : ½ tsp
- Water: little less then one cup
- Flout: ¼ cup for dusting
- For making stuffing:
- Fine chopped onions: ½ cup
- Fine chopped cabbage: ½ cup
- Fine chopped capsicum: ¼ cup
- Grated mozzarella cheese : 2 cups
- Pizza seasoning: 1 tsp
- Chilly flakes: 1 tsp
- Oil: 1 tbsp
- Salt a pinch
- In a bowl take atta, add salt and little water at a time and knead soft dough.
- Cover it and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- In a pan take oil, add onions, stir and cook till they become pink and soft.
- Add capsicum and cabbage and salt.
- Mix well and cook till veggies are slight soft and dry.
- Now add pizza seasoning and chili flakes.
- Mix and switch off the heat.
- Transfer it in a plate and let it cool down.
- Once mixture is cold add and mix cheese in it.
- Now take out the dough and knead it once again.
- Divide it in 5 parts and roll it to a ball shape.
- Take one ball and dip it in dry flour.
- Dust off the extra flour and roll it to a big circle like 6” diameter.
- Put good amount of stuffing in the center and fold it in square shape as shown in video.
- Dip the square in dry flour and roll it gently.
- Use gentle hands and try to keep the square shape.
- Now heat the pan at medium high heat.
- Put the rolled paratha on pan and let it cook till you see light brown spots down.
- Turn it over and put some oil on paratha and gently press the paratha with spatula.
- Now flip the paratha and put some oil on this side and spread it all over the paratha.
- Flip it once or twice so that it cooked properly from both the sides.
- Once paratha is ready serve it hot with ketchup.
2. Veggies should be chopped very fine so that they don’t break the parathas while rolling.
3. We don’t have to cook veggies for long time. They should be little crispy.
4. Roll parathas very gently otherwise they will break.
5. You can make any shape of parathas.