Easy home made vegetable soup: A cup of warm and comforting fresh vegetable soup is what I like to have after a long day especially in winters. This easy to do vegetable soup makes me feel happy, healthy and light yet full. You can always change the combination of veggies in this soup to get different flavor each time. I prefer using fresh seasonal vegetables available in local farmers market.
Sauteing veggies for some time gives soup much deeper flavor. Using vegetable stock (or broth) makes this soup richer and gives it a little earthy flavor but you can also use water instead. If you like chicken flavor then you can replace it with chicken stock too, I usually prefer vegetarian. You can also use soup cubes for making stock or broth, which are available in several different flavors. If you are adding stock to the soup then add very less salt to veggies as stock already has enough salt. Do not boil the soup for long time as we want veggies to be crispy and crunchy in this recipe.
If you are making this soup for kids then add some boiled pasta at the same time when you add tofu and your kids will love you. You can also accompany this vegetable soup with egg salad sandwich, cream cheese sandwich or paneer sandwich to make it a complete meal.
Check out my easy to follow step by step instructional recipe video for more details:
- Chopped Garlic: 1 large clove,
- Chopped onion: ¼ cup,
- Chopped celery: ¼ cup,
- Diced tofu: ¼ cup,
- Chopped carrots: ½ cup,
- Chopped mushrooms: ½ cup,
- Chopped broccoli: 1 cup,
- Vegetable stock: 4 cups,
- Salt, pepper powder,
- In a pan heat little oil.
- Add chopped garlic and onion and saute it for few seconds.
- Now add chopped celery and carrots, saute it for couple of minutes.
- Now add chopped broccoli and cook it for a minute.
- Add chopped mushrooms,mix everything well and add vegetable stock and let everything boil.
- Now add little salt, black pepper and let the soup boil for couple of minutes.
- Now add diced tofu and boil soup for 2 more minutes.
- Soup is ready to serve.
2. Do not boil the soup for long time otherwise vegetables will become overcooked and won't taste good.
3. Add little salt as stock already have salt in it.
4. If you like spicy you can add some chilly flakes in the soup.