Dosa mix powder recipe with step by step video. Learn how to make MTR style dosa mix powder only with three basic ingredients.
Making dosa is sometime time taking as it needs lots of soaking and grinding. With this easy dosa powder mix you can make fresh and quick dosa in minutes. It does not need any soaking. I have also posted the recipe of wheat dosa which is also healthy and quick.
You can make dosa powder mix in large quantity and store it in a air tight container. It will last for few months in fridge. With the given quantity of ingredients in this recipe you will get almost 2 and quarter cups of mix.
I always keep dosa mix powder and idli mix powder in pantry. This makes morning breakfast so easy. Just mix water, yogurt, water and soda and make fresh dosas and idli in no time.
If you are looking for more quick breakfast recipe you may also like:
Kadai dhokla: crisp quick instant rava dhokla with lots of veggies.
Cheese sandwich: crisp vegetable and cheese sandwich made on pan.
Rava vada: instant vada made with sooji or rava. Crisp from outside and soft from inside.
Making dosa using ready made dosa mix is pretty easy. Make sure that you grease and wipe the tawa or pan with little oil and water. Spread dosa on low flame then increase the heat for best results. Dosas tastes best when served hot.
Dosa Mix Powder Recipe Video:
Dosa Mix Powder Recipe Card:
- Rice flour: 1 cup
- Urad dal or husked split black gram: ⅔ cup
- All purpose flour or maida: ½ cup
- Sugar: 1½ tsp
- Salt: to taste
- Methi / Fenugreeks seeds: 1 tsp
- while making dosa we need:
- Curd ½ cup
- Baking soda: ½ tsp
- Heat pan at medium heat.
- Add methi seeds and urad dal and roast it for 2 minutes.
- Cool it down and ground to powder.
- Sieve it.
- In a mixing bowl take rice four, maida, dal powder, sugar and salt.
- Mix everything well. Or sieve it for best results.
- Dosa mix powder is ready. Store it in air tight container.
- It will be fine for 2-3 months in fridge.
- For making dosas with dosa mix powder:
- Measure one cup of dosa mix powder and take it in a bowl.
- Add ¼ cup of curd and ¼ tsp of baking soda.
- Mix well and add water and make smooth dosa batter.
- Heat pan at low flame.
- Wipe it with some oil and water mixture.
- Take a ladle full of batter and spread dosa on pan.
- Pour some oil sides of dosa to make it crisp.
- Once dosa is crisp take it out and roll it.
- Serve hot and crisp dosa with chutney and sambhar.