Cheese Egg Sandwich Recipe: Quick delicious egg cheese sandwich is a healthy Indian breakfast recipe. Do watch step by step video on how to make perfect egg cheese sandwich.
As name suggests egg cheese sandwich is made with eggs, veggies and cheese. I like it as it is healthy, quick and easy to do and very delicious Indian style sandwich. And trust me it is pretty filling, so you can make it for brunch and enjoy it with a cup of tea or coffee.
This egg cheese sandwich is very simple to do and there is no right or wrong in making it. To make it, first I made omellete with veggies and then topped it with cheese and cooked till cheese melted and then stuffed the whole thing between toasted bread slices. Yummmmm and Delicious !!! And if you don’t like egg and cheese combination you can also skip the cheese part and call it Omelette sandwich .
In making this egg cheese sandwich I have used mushrooms onions, bell pepper and mushrooms but you can also use olives, leeks, corn kernels or any other veggie of your choice. You can use any bread like multigrain, wheat or white to make it. Sometimes I also use tortilla or my leftover chapati instead of bread to make it. That also tastes good.
I love eating and making Indian style sandwiches. You may also see very different and easy sandwiches in my blog like:
- Yogurt Sandwich recipe: A healthy sandwich stuffed with thick veggie and yogurt sauce and toasted with mustard seeds and butter or ghee.
- Grilled cheese sandwich: Where breads are stuffed with cheese and veggies mixture and toasted with sesame seeds and butter.
- Cheese and vegetable sandwich: Layered with delicious mayo and cream cheese dip and stuffed with veggies and cheese this Panini style sandwich will make your day.
Cheese egg sandwich or Omelette Sandwich Recipe Card:
- Bread Slices: 4
- Eggs: 2
- Chopped onions: ¼ cup
- Chopped bell peppers: ¼ cup
- Chopped mushrooms: ½ cup
- Oil: 2tbps
- Chilly flakes
- Cheese slices: 1-2
- Mayonnaise: 1 tbsp
- Tomato ketchup: 1 tbsp
- In a bowl break two eggs, little salt and mix it well and keep it aside.
- Now heat the pan at medium heat and add oil.
- Now add onions, bell pepper and salt. Mix well and let it cook till onions are little soft.
- Once onions turn little soft add mushrooms, saute and cook till mushrooms are roasted and dry.
- Once veggies are soft and dry put the egg on it and spread it all over the pan.
- Once egg is half cooked scramble it and cook till it’s almost done.
- Now switch off the heat and put cheese slices on egg and cover it and let it melt.
- In the meanwhile mix mayonnaise and ketchup in a bowl and also toast the breads.
- Apply thin layer of mayo-ketchup mixture on one side of toasted breads.
- Now stuff the cheese omelette between these breads.
- Cut it in half and serve it hot.
Do try this delicious egg cheese sandwich and let us know how it turns out.