Egg curry (Anda Curry ) Masala Recipe: This is an authentic Punjabi style egg curry masala recipe (to best of my knowledge ). I have also posted Dhaba style egg curry or anda curry recipe that is very different in taste and way of making than this anda masala recipe. And for my vegetarian friends I have also posted the video recipe of veg curry recipe made from Paneer which is loved by my viewers a lot.
Egg curry is very famous dish which is made in almost every part of India in many different ways. I got this authentic Punjabi Style egg curry recipe from my Punjabi friend’s mom. She makes awesome Punjabi food.
What is different in this anda masala curry? It is its chilly garlic chutney that is made by grinding dry red chillies with ginger and garlic. The smell of dry red chilly gives very lovely aroma to this curry. To make it little less spicy I took out all the seeds before grinding the chilly but if you like hot you can also keep the seeds.
This egg curry can be served as main dish with rice or chapatti. You do not need any other side dish with it. You can also see more delicious main course dishes like aloo gobi curry, bhindi ka salan, gobi tikka masala, baingan masala, matar paneer and more in vegetables and curry section of the blog.
Since this egg masala is a gravy recipe it can be enjoyed with both roti and rice. I usually make egg curry with rumali roti. Tastes totally delicious!
Making this egg curry takes little bit of time as we make gravy in couple of steps. In each step masala should be roasted properly otherwise curry will not taste good. Even though it takes little time, but trust me you will be fully satisfied with the end result. This flavorful, garlicy, spicy egg curry masala is soul satisfying and worth trying once.
Egg Curry Masala Video Recipe
Egg Curry Masala Detailed Recipe Card
- ---For red chutney---
- Dry red chilly: 3-4,
- Ginger: ½” piece & Garlic: 6-7
- ---For curry---
- Boiled peeled eggs: 4,
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp,
- Grated onions: ¾ cup,
- Turmeric powder (haldi): ½ tsp,
- Red chilly powder: ½ tsp,
- Coriander powder (dhaniya): 1½ tsp,
- Grated Tomatoes: 1 cup,
- Fine chopped coriander leaves: 2 tbsp,
- Salt and Cooking Oil
- Break red chiilies in two pieces and take all the seeds out.
- Soak de-seeded red chilly in ¼ cup warm water for almost 20 minutes.
- In a meanwhile grate onions and tomatoes and keep them separately.
- After 20 minutes grind garlic, soaked red chilly and ginger to paste and keep the paste aside.
- Prick the boiled eggs with toothpick and keep them aside.
- Now heat the pan at medium heat and add 2 tea spoon of oil.
- Fry the eggs from all the sides till they become brown and crispy from all the sides.
- Take them out and keep them aside.
- Now in the same pan add 4 tbsp of oil and add cumin seeds and let them sizzle.
- Now add grated onions, salt and cook till onion turns brown and losses oil.
- When onion is cooked add garlic and chilly paste and cook till masala looses oil again.
- Now add turmeric powder, red chilly powder and coriander powder, saute for few seconds and then add grated tomatoes.
- Cover and cook till masala looses oil again. It may take 8-10 minutes.
- Once masala looses oil again add boiled eggs, little water and cook eggs and masala together for few minutes.
- Now add 1 cup of water and cook the gravy for 5-6 minutes.
- Egg curry masala is ready to serve.
- Garnish it with fine chopped coriander leaves and serve it with chapatti or rice.