Egg salad sandwich is an easy sandwich filled with boiled eggs, onions, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and greens. I make egg salad sandwich for my kid after school snack and he loves it. Pack it for picnic or have it at breakfast, you will love this easy egg salad sandwich any time.
One important thing to remember while making this egg salad sandwich is that the eggs should be little hard boiled otherwise they will become mushy while making egg salad.
I prefer using ½ teaspoon of baking soda while boiling eggs so they get peeled easily, also putting boiled eggs immediately in ice cold water after boiling helps peel them easily. While making egg salad you can also use fine chopped celery.
This egg salad can be also used in chapatti to make chapatti rolls. But since today we are making sandwich, we will stuff it between bread slices. You can stuff this filling between plain bread or toasted bread slices and make egg salad sandwich. In fact you can even try it like an open face sandwich by spreading the Egg Salad mixture over toasted bread slice. Each different way brings its own taste .
Check out my easy to follow step by step instructional Video for making Egg salad sandwich:
Here is a recipe card for Egg salad sandwich:
- Bread: 4,
- Boiled Eggs: 2,
- Chopped lettuce or any salad green: ¼ cup,
- Mayonnaise: 2 tbsp,
- Fine chopped green onions: 2 tbsp,
- In a bowl add mayonnaise, lettuce, green onions, fine chopped eggs, and little salt and black pepper powder.
- Mix everything together.
- Take out the crusts of the bread with the help of knife.
- Spread the stuffing generously between two pieces of bread.
- Press gently and cut in any shape.
- Egg salad sandwich is ready to serve.
2. You can make egg stuffing ahead of time and put it in fridge.
3. If you want to make it little spicy add chilly flakes to the salad.
4. You can use any type of bread in making these sandwiches.
5. If you boiled eggs the prep time will be 12 min more.