Scrambled egg sandwich is very simple, quick and easy to make sandwich. It doesn’t require many ingredients, just a loaf of bread (white, wheat or multigrain anyone will work), few eggs, basic spices and garnishing. I made this egg sandwich in two steps. First I made scrambled eggs which is super easy. Then I stuffed them in bread and grill them in toaster. Instead of grilling these egg sandwiches you can make them on pan too.
Eggs are almost everyday affair in my kitchen. I like egg recipes as they are easy,quick and healthy. For breakfast I usually make bread omlet, egg paratha, egg salad sandwich or sometimes boiled eggs and my favorite french toasts rolls and egg tortilla rolls . In my family we like to eat egg dishes with chutney rather then ketchup.
At my home town egg is also a very famous street food. In cold winter nights you can see street side stalls all over selling hot bread omelets, scrambled eggs, egg parathas and egg patratha rolls. These are served best with tomato and coriander chutney or tomato sauce.
Check out my easy to follow step by step instructional video for making Scrambled egg sandwich |Egg sandwich recipe:
Scrambled egg sandwich recipe|Egg sandwich recipe:
- Bread pieces: 4,
- Eggs: 2,
- Turmeric powder: ⅛ tsp,
- Red chilly powder: ⅛ tsp,
- Chopped onion: ¼ cup,
- Coriander powder: ¼ tsp,
- Chat masala: ¼ tsp,
- Chopped green chilly: 1,
- Chopped coriander leaves: 1 tbsp,
- Oil: 2 tsp,
- Salt, Butter
- Heat pan at medium heat and add oil to it, now add chopped onions.
- Cook till onions become soft and change their color.
- Now add turmeric powder and mix everything and add eggs and salt and saute everything.
- Now add chilly powder, coriander powder, chopped green chilly and chopped coriander leaves.
- Cook till eggs are completely cooked.Now add some chaat masala and mix everything.
- Transfer these scrambled eggs in a bowl and let them cool down for some time.
- Now take a bread piece and spread some butter on it.
- Now put the scrambled eggs on this bread.
- Take one more piece of bread and spread butter on it and put it on the eggs.
- You can either grill this egg sandwich in sandwich toaster or on pan till it become brown and crispy.
- Serve egg sandwich with chutney or ketchup.
You can add or skip green chillies according to your taste.