Fruit cream recipe with video: Delicious cool dessert made with fruits, cream and yogurt. It’s a no cooking desert that can be made in minutes. You can also call it fruit salad with cream as it is a mix of fruits folded in creamy yogurt mixture.
This recipe of Fruit cream is ideal for parties and festival dinners this dessert can be made in no time and goes very well with all the age groups.
Fruit cream is usually made with cream but today to make a lighter and healthier version I used plain yogurt or curd as primary ingredient and added some cream to give nice creamy texture to fruit cream. I have added kesar or saffron for color and aroma, sugar for sweetness (you can also substitute it with honey) and nuts for crunchiness.
In this fruit cream recipe I used apple, banana, grape and pomegranate. You can use other combination of fruits depending on the availability and taste. Making fruit cream is super simple. Just mix curd, cream, sugar, kesar extract and elaythi or cardamom powder till you get creamy mixture. Add fine chopped fruits and nuts. Put it in the fridge and serve it cold.
At home my mom makes this fruit cream using malai (milk cream). If you do not have whipped cream or cream fresh you can also use malai, just whisk it little bit and add it to yogurt.
Fruit Cream Recipe Video:
Fruit Cream Recipe Card Below:
- Plain Thick curd or yogurt: 1 cup,
- Whipped cream or cream fresh: ¼ cup,
- Saffron or Kesar strings: 4-5,
- Cardamom or elaychi powder: 2 pinches,
- Sugar: 2 tbsp,
- Almonds and Pistachios: 8-10 each,
- Fine chopped apple: ¼ cup,
- Fine chopped bananas: ¼ cup,
- Chopped grapes: ¼ cup,
- Pomegranate seeds: ¼ cup,
- Milk: 1 tsp
- Dissolve Saffron or kesar in one teaspoon of milk and keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together cream, sugar, yogurt till it become creamy mixture.
- Add dissolved kesar, cardamom powder, fruits and nuts and mix everything gently.
- Put it in the fridge for an hour till it become cold.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds, nuts and kesar strings.