Grilled Cheese & Veg Sandwich: Quick and easy way to make sandwiches. I often make it for my kids lunch box or when we go out for picnic. This quick sandwich recipe is effortless and taste delicious.
Today I’ll make this easy sandwich in two ways- grilled version and non-grilled version. Simple non-grilled version is good for picnics, for kids lunch box or for general outing as it remains fresh for long time. The grilled version is good for when you want something warm and comforting. It tastes best when served fresh.
Grilled Cheese and Veg Sandwich
In making these sandwiches I made a spread with a combination of mayonnaise, cream cheese and garlic. You can also use this spread as a dip for crackers and chips.
For stuffing I used tomatoes, cucumbers pickles, lettuce and olives. You can also use bell peppers, onions or any other vegetable of your choice. Also for grilled sandwich I used grated mozzarella cheese but you can also use pepper jack, cheddar or swiss cheese according to your choice.
If you are looking for more simple breakfast recipe you may also like moong paneer toast, oats uttapam, french toast roll ups, egg paratha rolls, egg tortilla wrap. You can check out breakfast section and snacks and appetizer sections of my blog for more wonderful, quick and easy recipes.
If you are looking for more sandwich recipes, check out yogurt sandwich, veg cheese sandwich, grilled tofu sandwich, paneer sandwich, cream cheese sandwich, cute baked sandwich, scrambled egg sandwich, egg salad sandwich and veg sandwich.
Grilled Cheese and Veg Sandwich Video Recipe
Grilled Cheese and Veg Sandwich Recipe Card
- Bread slices: I used 2 slices of brown bread and 2 slices of sour dough bread
- Whipped cream cheese: ¼ cup,
- Mayonnaise: 2 tbsp,
- Minced garlic: ¼ tsp,
- Black pepper powder,
- Cucumber cut in circles: ¼ cup,
- Salad leaves,
- Tomato cut in circles: ¼ cup,
- Few olives cut in rounds,
- Pickled cucumber and jalapeno,
- Grated Mozzarella cheese: 2 tbsp,
- In a mixing bowl take whipped cream cheese, mayonnaise, minced garlic and black pepper. Mix them well and keep aside.
- To make non-grilled sandwich---take brown bread slices (or white bread if you like) and apply cream cheese and mayo spread on one side of the breads.
- On one of the breads put some lettuce or salad leaves, some cucumber pieces, some pickled cucumber and cover it with other piece.
- Press it gently with hands and sandwich is ready serve or pack. You can serve it as it is or cut it in halves.
- For making grilled sandwich---Take sour dough bread slice (or any other bread of your choice) and apply butter on one side.
- Place this bread slice on a plate butter side down and apply cream cheese and mayo spread on one side of the bread.
- Top it with tomatoes, cucumber, olives and pickled jalapenos and cucumbers.
- Top veggies with a layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Cover it with another piece of bread layered with spread on side and butter on the other.
- Grill it for few minutes till bread becomes nice crisp and serve hot.