Making pizza at home from starch may sound lengthy and tough process but it is only so until you try it yourself. It is not only easy, but also filled with the joy of making it all by yourself.
Mastering pizza dough does require little practice and attention to proportions. Once you take care of that I am sure it will come out encouragingly perfect every time you make it.
In this pizza I used fresh mozzarella cheese. You can substitute it with any other pizza cheese. I love tomatoes in pizza topping for the warm flavor they carry. You can use any topping of your choice. I have practically tried all types of vegetables on pizza and they all taste great. Some of my favorite topping are:
- Tomato, Mozzarella
- Paneer marinated in olive oil, chilly power and lemon juice
- Sweet corn, Onion, Jalapeno
- Mushroom, onion and olives
- Pineapple, Jalapeno
Sauce variations you are try:
- Pasta sauce
- Pizza sauce
- Pesto sauce
Have your creative time with pizza, sauce and toppings and enjoy your creations
Here is my easy to follow step by step instructional recipe video :
Home Made Pizza Video Recipe
Home Made Pizza Detailed Recipe Card
- All-purpose flour (Maida): 3 cup,
- Warm water: 1¼ cup,
- Salt: ¾ tea spoon,
- Sugar: 1 tea spoon,
- Rapid rise yeast: ¾ tea spoon,
- Mushrooms: 4-5 chopped,
- Olives: 8-10 chopped,
- Tomato: 1 cut in circles,
- Fresh (or any) mozzarella cheese,
- Pizza sauce or pasta sauce,
- Olive oil
- In a bowl, add warm water, sugar and yeast.
- Let it sit for a minute (or until you see some bubbles).
- In a large bowl, add flour and salt. Add yeast water to it and make soft dough using some flour in your hand.
- Cover the dough and let it ferment for 4-5 hours at warm place (or less in case of rapid rise yeast. It is best to know your yeast for successful dough).
- When the dough is fermented, roll and spread it over greased oven tray and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, spread pizza sauce on the flattened dough. Put some olives, tomatoes, mushroom and cheese on it.
- Sprinkle some Italian seasoning and bake it for 10-12 minutes in preheated oven.
- Take it out and sprinkle some olive oil and let it cool down for 10-15 minutes. Pizza is ready to eat.
2. Keep the dough at warmest place of your house for fermentation.
3. You can use more different toppings like capsicum, onions etc.