Khoya barfi or mawa barfi recipe video with step by step instructional video. Easy khoya barfi which can be made in just 10 minutes.
Few of my friend asked me to post some Diwali sweets recipes. So I thought of posting khoya barfi or mawa barfi. It is a very easy recipe. You can make it 3-4 days before Diwali and store in air tight container. Mawa burfi will be fresh for few days.
This homemade khoya bafri can be made in minutes. But it takes atleast 6-7 hours to set completely. I have used packed khoya ow mawa in making this barfi. It was a bit dry so I have to add a table spoon of ghee while cooking. If you are using fresh homemade khoya you can skip ghee.
You can use any nuts to decorate khoye ki barfi. Also I have used silver foil to decorate barfi. If you don’t have it you can skip it.
Khoya barfi recipe:
Khoya barfi recipe:
- Khoya or mawa: 200 gms
- Sugar: 6 tbsp
- Cardamom powder: ⅛ tsp
- Fine chopped almonds cashews and pistachios
- To set barfi we need a box and parchment paper or butter paper
- Heat wok or karahi at medium low heat and add grated khoya to it.
- Mix it well and cook for about 4-6 minutes.
- If you are using ready made packed khoya add 1 tbsp of ghee and if you are using home made khoya you don't need any ghee.
- After some time you will see khoya will become soft.
- After 4-6 minutes add sugar and mix it well.
- Keep mixing otherwise khoya will stick to the pan.
- Cook it again for 8-10 minutes or till barfi becomes little brown and it leaves sides of pan.
- Stir it continuously to avoid burning.
- Now add elaychi powder and mix well and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Now switch off the heat.
- Transfer the mixture to butter paper or parchment paper.
- spread it over the paper.
- Once it gets little cold spread it properly and put nuts over it.
- Press it gently with spatula so that nuts get sticks to barfi.
- Let barfi cool down for 4-6 hours.
- Once bafri is completely cold cut it in pieces.
- Mawa Barfi is ready to serve . So can eat it like that or if you have silver vark decorate barfi with it.