Kadai Dhokla Recipe: Super easy dhokla made with rava or sooji in just 15 minutes. Enjoy this kadai sooji dhokla with coconut chutney, spicy coriander chutney and ketchup.
Kadai dhokla is a delicious, super filling breakfast. The best thing I like about this dhokla is that it can be made in just 15 minutes. I am making this dhokla from long time and it is always hit in my family.
I like kadai sooji dhokla recipe as it can be made in pan/kadai or wok and we don’t have to steam it. It is quick as we are going to cook in one go by putting takda along with the batter. Today I have used bell peppers (capsicum) and carrots but you can also use corns, diced paneer, green peas, and onions . They also go very well with this dhokla recipe. It is super yummy even my kids love it and east it without any fuss.
Here are some tips how to make perfect kadai sooji dhokla:
- Use only upma rava or sooji to make this dholha. Fine sooji or idli rava will not work for this recipe.
- Do not grate the veggies. Cut them in small pieces so that they stay little crunchy after cooking.
- Batter consistency should be medium as shown in video. It should not be too thick or too thin.
- Mix Eno only when you are ready to put dhokla in the cooking pan.
- This dhokla taste best when serve hot or warm.
Kadai Dhokla Recipe Video:
Kadai Dhokla Recipe Card:
- Suji or rava: 1½ cup
- Curd or yogurt: ⅔ cup (half of sooji)
- Water: 1 cup
- Fine chopped carrots: ½ cup
- Fine chopped capsicum: ½ cup
- Eno : 1 pouch
- Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
- Dry red chilly: 2 cut in small pieces
- Green chilly: 2 slit them fine
- Curry leaves: 4,5
- Salt to taste
- Oil: 3 tsp
- In a bowl mix together sooji, carrots, capsicum, curd and salt.
- Now add water and make a thick paste as shown in video.
- Mix the batter thoroughly or 3-4 minutes or till it becomes little fluffy.
- Heat the kadai/wok or pan at medium heat and add oil.
- Now add mustard seeds, curry leaves, dry red chilly, slit green chilly.
- Now add eno to the prepared sooji batter mix it well and pour the batter into the pan.
- Spread it evenly and cover the pan.
- Cook it for 3-4 minutes on medium flame.
- Now reduce the heat to low and cook it for 6-7 minutes more.
- Now open the pan and check if the dhokla is fully cooked from inside by inserting toothpick or knife into it.
- If toothpick/ knife comes out clean it means dhokla is fully cooked. If not cook it again for 2-3 minutes.
- Now switch off the heat and transfer the dhokla in the plate as shown in video.
- Kadai dhokla is ready to serve.
- Serve dhokla with coconut or green chutney.
2. Do not grate the veggies cut them in small pieces so that they stay little crunchy after cooking.
3. Batter consistency should be medium as shown in video. It should not be too thick or too thin.
4. Mix eno only when you are ready to put dhokla in the cooking pan.
5. This dhokla taste best when serve hot or warm.