Macroni Chaat Recipe: quick instant chatpaa chaat which does not need much preparations and ingredients. Serve macaroni chaat in parties, potlucks everyone will love it.
Let’s prepare an instant chaat today with a very unusual ingredient, Macaroni. This macaroni chaat not only can be made very quickly, but also tastes very different from regular chaats. Kids would especially love it because of macaroni. Earlier, I also posted few other quick chaat recipes like bread chana chaat, bread dahi vada, tortilla samosa and bread potato chaat.
When I shared this macaroni chaat recipe with my friends, they felt that it was more like a macaroni salad added with spices and mixture. So call it macaroni salad or macaroni chaat, but trust me once you make it you are going to make it again and again. And even your kids are going to love it. So if you have craving for chaat and want to make it for your kids too, then try this chatpati macaroni chaat next time :).
For making Macaroni Chaat I used raw potatoes but if you are in hurry you can also try boiled potatoes for fast cooking. Also I boiled Macaroni in salted water till it was cooked al dente. While making this instant macaroni chaat make sure that potatoes are fully cooked, golden brown and crispy. Also do not sauté macaroni for long time otherwise it will become chewy. For crunch I used roasted roughly crushed peanuts. Make sure you don’t crush them to powder. If you do not have chaat masala, you can add mixture of zeera powder, dry mango powder and red chilly powder.
I prefer serving this yummy macaroni chaat warm but you can even serve it cold.
Macaroni chaat recipe video:
If you are looking for more chaat recipes please visit chaat section of the blog.
Macaroni chaat recipe card below:
- Chopped potatoes: ⅔ cup,
- Boiled Macaroni: 1 cup,
- Fine chopped Onions: ⅓ cup,
- Fine chopped tomatoes: ⅓ cup,
- Fresh lemon juice: 2-3 tsp,
- Roasted crushed peanuts: ¼ cup,
- Fine chopped coriander leaves; 2 tbsp,
- Fine chopped green chilly: 1,
- Salt, pepper, oil and chaat masala.
- Boil macaroni in salted water based on instructions on the bag and sieve it.
- Let macaroni cool down for some time.
- In a mean while heat little oil in pan at medium heat and add chopped potatoes and salt to it.
- Cook till potatoes are fork tender, golden brown and crispy.
- Transfer these crisp potatoes in a bowl.
- On the same pan spread some oil and add boiled macaroni to it.
- Sauté macaroni for 3-4 minutes till it get some color.
- Transfer macaroni in the same bowl with potato.
- To these crisp macaroni and potatoes add peanuts, onions, tomatoes, green chilly and coriander leaves.
- Now add little salt, chaat masala and fresh lemon juice.
- Mix everything together.
- Macaroni chaat is ready to serve