masala puri recipe with quick instructional video. Do try these spicy masala poori in breakfast , lunch or dinner.
Masala puri is made with whole wheat flour and spices. It is a variation of simple poori. I have posted aloo puri and palak paneer poori which is also a variation of simple puri.
Puri is basically fried whole wheat bread. They are so delicious that you can eat them alone with tea. pickle, raita or chutney give them nice company. You can also eat them with aloo ki sabzi or paneer ki sabji.
In making masala poori I have used spices like carom seeds, cumin seeds, turmeric powder, chilli powder you can also use fine chopped green chilli, sesame seeds and sesame seeds. Make these masla poori for potlucks and parties, everyone will just love them.
Masala Puri recipe video:
Masala Puri recipe card:
- Whole whaet flour (atta): 2 cups
- Carom seeds: 1tsp
- Cumin seeds: 1tsp
- Asafetida: 2 pinch
- Coriander powder: 1tsp
- Turmeric powder: ½ tsp
- Red chilly powder: 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Fine chopped coriander leaves: 2-3 tbsp
- Oil: 1 tsp for moyan
- Oil for frying
- Water for kneading dough
- in a mixing bowl take whole wheat flour.
- add cumin, caron seeds, asafetida, turmeric, chilli and coriander powder and salt.
- Mix well and add 1 tsp of oil and mix it well again.
- Now coriander leaves and mix it again.
- Now add little water at a time and knead smooth and hard dough.
- Once dough is done, take ½ tsp of oil and message the dough with oil.
- Cover the dough and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, knead the dough once and divide it in lemon size balls.
- Roll the balls to small discs.
- Fry these pooris in hot oil till they are crisp.
- Serve masala poori with chutney, pickle or any curry of your choice.