Masala milk is healthy, simple mixture to drink everyday. Milk masala is made with the combination of nuts. You can make masala doodh everyday or make it in bulk and store it in air tight container and store in freezer . Take it out an hour before you want to use.
I mostly make milk masala atleast for 2-3 days in one time. It is easy to mix it in milk and kids also love the taste. You can serve it with or without sugar according to your choice.
When I was young my nani ma ( my mom’s mom) used to make it for me. I used to drink it every morning with milk. It really helps in improving memory power, gives freshness and off course makes you very very healthy.
I have added nuts like almonds, walnuts, muskmelon seeds, spices like cardamom, black pepper and fennel seeds for digestion. You can also add kesar or rose petals for flavoring. Also, you can add cashews, turmeric powder and pistachios.
This masala mix is very good for kids. I give it to my kids every morning. It keeps them fresh, healthy and increase their memory power.
Here is quick recipe video for milk masala:
Recipe card for milk masala:
- Melon seeds: 1 tbsp
- Walnuts: 10-12
- Almonds: 16
- Black pepper: 4-5
- Small cardamom: 1
- Fennel seeds: 1tsp
- Poppy seeds: 1tsp
- Soak poppy seeds in one bowl.
- Soak everything together in separate bowl.
- Soak them overight.
- Now peel the almonds and put them in mixer jar.
- Sieve the water out and put everything else also in mixer jar.
- Add little water and grind to thin paste.
- Take a table spoon of mixture in a glass and add ¾ cup of milk.
- Milk masala is ready.
- Serve it hot or cold according to your choice.