This easy Mint (Pudina) Chutney is a delicious accompaniment to Indian food. Enjoy this chutney with snacks, appetizers or just regular meal. Restaurants mostly serve this chutney with breakfast, snacks or appetizers or chaats.
It’s very easy to make this chutney and it requires very few ingredients that are usually available at home, chilies to give it little heat and ginger, garlic to give strong flavor. For making this chutney use only thick yogurt because mint leaves also release water while grinding. You can add more or less green chillies according to your preference. Once done you can store this chutney in air tight container for few days in fridge.
Enjoy this aromatic chutney next time with snacks and appetizers.
Check out my easy to follow step by step instructional video recipe for more details:
Mint Chutney Video Recipe
Mint Chutney Detailed Recipe Card
- Mint Leaves: ½ cup,
- Thick Plain Yogurt (Curd): ½ cup,
- Green Chilly: 2 (or as hot as you like),
- Garlic: 1 big clove (or 2-3 small cloves),
- Ginger: ¼ tea spoon,
- Water: 1-2 tsp,
- Salt: To taste
- Put everything except yogurt in a blender and make a smooth paste.
- Add Yogurt and give another quick churn.
- Chutney is ready. Enjoy it with an evening snack or any breakfast.
2. Try to use thick yogurt to avoid watery chutney.
3. Garlic gives nice aroma and taste of this chutney. If you don’t like it feel free to skip it.