Mix vegetable curry is a combination of different types of veggies mixed together and cooked in aromatic spices. By choosing various combinations and verity of fresh seasonal vegetables you can make this recipe not only healthy but also a different taste each time. That makes it a versatile recipe and you can enjoy it all-round the year. You can enjoy this restaurant style mix vegetable curry with naan, parathas , chapati or any other Indian flat bread.
In this mix vegetable recipe, today I used broccoli, carrots, soya nuggets, green peas. You can always skip or change vegetables according to your choice. I sautéed the veggies in little oil so that they get cooked yet remain crispy when served. I boiled soya nuggets in water for 5 minutes, drained the water and squeezed the water out before adding it to gravy. Added milk and kasoori methi to give this gravy a rich taste. If you feel gravy is very thick, you can add little warm water towards the end and let the gravy boil for five minutes. To give this gravy more rich taste you can also add little cream in the end.
I would recommend to watch my easy to follow step by step instructional recipe video for more details
Mix Vegetable Curry Recipe Card
- Fine chopped onion: 1 cup,
- Fine chopped tomatoes: 2 cup,
- Green peas (fresh or frozen): ½ cup,
- Chopped carrots: ⅔ cup,
- Chopped Broccoli: 2 cups,
- Diced paneer: ⅔ cup,
- Soya nuggets: ⅔ cup,
- Grated ginger: 1 tbs,
- Grated Garlic: 1 tbsp,
- Cumin seeds (Zeera): 1 tsp,
- Red chilly powder (lal mirch): 1 tsp,
- Coriander powder (dhania): 3 tsp,
- Cumin powder (zeera powder): 2 tsp,
- Turmeric powder (haldi): ¾ tsp,
- Cinnamon sticks: 2,
- Cloves: 6-7,
- Dry fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi): 2 tbsp,
- Coriander leaves: 2 tsp,
- Milk: 1 cup,
- Salt to taste,
- Oil for cooking
- Boil soya chunks in water for 5 minutes. Let them cool down and squeeze all the water out.
- Now, heat the pan at medium heat. Add little oil and fry paneer till it becomes light brown. Take it out in a bowl of warm water.
- In the same pan add carrots and sauté for few seconds. Later, add broccoli and sauté for few more seconds.
- Now add soya chunks and green peas to it and cook them for five minutes. Add little salt to it in between.
- Take the vegetables out and in the same pan heat 3-4 table spoons of oil.
- Add cumin seeds, cinnamon sticks and cloves and fry for few seconds.
- Later add ginger and garlic and mix everything for few seconds more.
- Now add onions, sauté and cook onions till they become soft and change color.
- Add all spices and cook for few seconds.
- Add tomatoes and salt. Cover the pan with lid and cook till the mixture becomes soft and losses oil.
- Now slowly add milk to the mixture and stir it continuously. Cook till the mixture becomes thick.
- Add vegetables to it, mix everything well, cover the pan and cook the vegetables for almost 12-15 minutes till they become soft.
- Sauté vegetables every 2-3 minutes otherwise vegetables might stick to the pan.
- Add kasoori methi and cook for 2-3 minutes more in open pan.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve this mix vegetable with chapati, Paratha or rice of your choice.
2. You can add more different vegetables like cauliflower, mushrooms, potatoes in this recipe.
3. Try to cut vegetables in same size so they get cooked at same time.
4. You can also add some cream in this recipe at the end.
5. I have used homogeneous milk in this recipe if you are using natural milk mix 1 tespoon of cornflour to avoid curdling of milk.