Palak moong dal recipe with step by step video. Very healthy breakfast recipe spinach moong dal chilla is super quick and easy. Palak cheela is one of my kids favorite and I make it for their breakfast and after school snack.
Moong dal pakal chilla is also known as pesarratu in South India. To make this pakal chilla more crisp I have added rice to it.
In this palak moong dal cheela you can add variety of stuffing. I have stuffed it with paneer, onins and coriander leaves but you can also use cheese of potato mixture as stuffing.
You can call these crisp chilla as palak dosa. Making palak dosa is very easy. Just soak rice and dal for atleast 4-8 hours. Grind them to thick paste along with spinach and ginger garlic. Make thin dosas and stuff them with paneer, onions and coriander leaves.
You can also see a quick video for making tomato chutney. That goes very well with pesarattu as a side dish.
If you are looking for more healthy breakfast recipes you may also like atte ka dosa, moong paneer toast, roti cutlets, non fried vada pav.
Moong Dal Palak Cheela Recipe Video
Moong Dal Palak Cheela Recipe Card
- For making chutney:
- Coriander: 1 small bunch
- Tomatoes: 2 sliced roughly
- Cumin seeds: ½ tsp
- Garlic cloves: 3-4
- Green chilli: 1
- Hing: small pinch
- Salt to taste
- For making moong dal spinach batter:
- Yeloow moong dal: ¼ cup
- Green whole or split moong dal: ¼ cup
- Rice: ¼ cup
- Washed spinach: 1½ cups
- Garlic cloves: 2
- Ginger: ½ " piece
- Cumin seeds: 1tsp
- Green chilli: 1
- SAlt to taste
- Hing : 1 big pinch
- For stuffing:
- Grated paneer: ½ cup
- Fine chopped coriander leaves: ¼ cup
- Fine chopped onions: ½ cup
- Put chutney ingredients in a mixer jar.
- Grind it coarse.
- Chutney is ready . Take it out in a bowl.
- For making moond dal batter:
- Wash lentils/ dals and rice.
- Soak them overnight in water for atleast for 6-8 hours.
- After 8 hours sieve the water .
- Take a mixer jar and put spinach leaves, soaked dals and rice.
- Also add ginger, cumin seeds, garlic, green chilli and hing.
- Here do not add or add very little water while grinding.
- Transfer the spinach moong dal batter in a bowl and mix it thoroughly.
- Now add salt and mix it again.
- To make chillas heat the pan at medium heat .
- Wipe the pan with moist paper towel.
- Take a ladle full of batter and drop it on the center of pan.
- Spread it quickly with gentle hands in circular motion and make thin cheela.
- After a minute spread a tea spoon of oil over the chilla and let it cook till you see crisp corners.
- Now flip it over and cook for a minute.
- Flip it again and spread some paneer, onions and coriander leaves on it.
- Fold it in any shape you like.
- Spinach moong dal cheela is ready.
- Serve it hot and crisp with spicy coriander chutney.