Mushroom Masala Recipe with video: Quick mushroom masala made with very few ingredients and still tastes super delicious. This mushroom masala goes very well with roti or rice.
Mushroom is one of the family favorites at my home. I love using mushrooms often in my dishes. Sometimes I make stuffed mushrooms, matar mushrooms, karahi mushrooms. I also use them in pizza, tortilla spring rolls and vegetable omelets.
Talking about this mushroom masala recipe, it is quick, easy and very scrumptious. Whenever you are in jiffy this recipe could come very handy. In this recipe, mushrooms are sauteed in onion tomato gravy with some bell peppers. I used little kasoori methi and butter at the end that give this dish very nice aroma and flavor.
If you like more heat you can also use some green chillies and chilly flakes. You can also add boiled green peas, baby corns, they also go very well in this mushroom masala. Also I prefer to keep mushrooms in big pieces but you can also slice them in small pieces.
Mushroom Masala Recipe Video:
Mushroom Masala Recipe Card
- Mushrooms: 500 gm,
- Capsicum: 1cup,
- Roughly chopped onions: ⅔ cup,
- Fine chopped tomato: ⅔ cup,
- Fine chopped ginger: ½”
- Fine chopped garlic: 4-5,
- Dry red chilly: 2,
- Bay leaf: 1,
- Pepper corns: 8-10,
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp,
- Turmeric powder: ½ tsp,
- Red chilly powder: 1tsp,
- Coriander powder: 1tsp,
- Garam masala: ½ tsp,
- Fenugreek leaves/ Kasoori methi: 1tbsp,
- Coriander leaves: 1 tbsp,
- Oil: 3 tbsp,
- Butter: 1tbsp
- Wash mushrooms and cut them in two.
- Heat oil in kadai or wok, add dry red chilly, bay leaf and pepper corns. Sauté for few seconds till red chiily is roasted.
- Now add cumin seeds and let them pop for a while. Add chopped garlic and ginger and saute for few seconds.
- Add chopped onions and little salt. Sauté till they are half done. Now add red chilly powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add fine chopped tomatoes. Mix them well, cover and cook till tomatoes become mushy.
- Now add mushrooms and capsicum and crushed kasoori methi. Mix well, cover and cook till mushrooms become soft.
- When mushrooms are soft enough add garam masala. Sauté and switch off the heat.
- Mushroom masala is ready to serve. Garnish with fine chopped coriander leaves.
2. You can add green chillies in between if you like curry to be hot.
3. In this mushrooms masala do not overcook mushrooms and capsicum. They taste better when they are little crunchy.