Oats Cutlet recipe | oats tikki recipe: crunchy cutlets or tikki with the goodness of oats, spinach and fresh spices.
Oats is one of those super foods I like to include in my daily diet one way or the other. Sometimes I make oats uttapam, sometimes I do simple oatmeal and sometimes i make these crispy, crunchy oats cutlets.
In this recipe of making oats cutlets I tried to make oats in an interesting way by adding spinach and turning them into delicious cutlets. I have also added some boiled mashed potatoes to give these cutlets nice binding and fresh homemade bread crumbs to give crispness to these oats cutlets.
This instant oats cutlet or oats tikki is very easy to make. Just sauté spinach with some onion, ginger garlic, add oats and let the mixture cool down. Once everything cools down add boiled mashed potatoes, bread crumbs, spices and give them any shape you like. Finally shallow fry them to nice golden brown crisp cutlets.
I have shallow fried these oats cutlets in oil on a pan but you can also bake them or deep fry them. For baking, just coat the cutlets with little oil and bake them in pre-heated oven at 375 degree F for 10-12 minutes or till they become golden brown and crispy.
I have used mild spices in these oats cutlets or oats tikki but you can add more heat if you prefer so.
Sprinkle some chat masala while serving these oats cutlets and enjoy them with sauce or dip of your choice.
Oats Cutlets or Oats Tikki Recipe Video for more details:
Oats cutlets | Oats Tikki recipe below:
- Cumin seeds: ½ tsp,
- Freshly grated ginger-garlic: 2 tbsp,
- Fine chopped onions: ½ cup,
- Fine chopped spinach: 3 cups,
- Oats: 1 cup,
- Fine chopped green chilly: 1,
- Red chilly powder: ½ tsp,
- Lemon juice: 2 tsp,
- Boiled mashed potatoes: ⅔ cup,
- Bread crumbs: 2 breads,
- Oil and Salt
- Heat little oil in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds, ginger and garlic and sauté till they turn pink.
- Add fine chopped onions and cook till onion turns light brown in color.
- Throw in chopped spinach and sauté till it become dry.
- Now add oats, fine chopped green chilly and salt. Mix everything and transfer it in a bowl and cover and let the mixture cool down.
- Add boiled mashed potatoes, bread crumbs, lemon juice and knead the mixture like a dough.
- Put some oil in your hands and rub it between your palms.
- Now take small amount of dough at a time and make patties.
- In a preheated pan put some oil and put the patties.
- Cook these patties for some time and flip them over and cook it from other side.
- We will cook these oats cutlets from both side till they become brown and crispy.
- If you like sprinkle some chat masala on top.
- Serve these oats cutlets with spicy coriander chutney or ketchup.
2. While making patties make sure that all the sides are fully sealed and smooth.
3. Instead of making it on pan you can bake these oats cutlets.