Panchamrut recipe or Panchamrit Recipe: In Sanskrit, panch means five and Amrut means secret nectar. Panchamrut means combination of five secret nectars that is considered holy and used as offering to gods in various Hindu religious occasions. At the end of the Pooja, panchamrut is distribute as prasad along with panjiri to all who attended the pooja.
Five ingredients in panchamrut are milk, yogurt, ghee, honey and Sugar. They all carry different qualities. Like-
– Milk is for the purity
– Yogurt is for prosperity
– Ghee is for strength and victory
– Honey is for sweetness in speech
– Sugar is for happiness
Panchamrut or Panchamrit can be made for prasad or it can be made for fast or vrat.
Panchamrut Recipe Video
Here is the quick Panchamrut Recipe or Panchamrit Recipe
- Milk: 1cup,
- Thick curd or yogurt: ½ cup,
- Sugar; ¼ cup,
- Ghee: ¼ spoon,
- Honey: 3-4 drops,
- Fine chopped nuts (optional) - cashew, coconut, almond, chirongi,
- Ganga jal (if available): 1 tsp
- tulsi (Indian basil) leaf (if available): 2-3
- Mix milk, yogurt (thick curd), sugar, ghee and honey in a bowl.
- Add Ganga jal if available
- Garnish with fine chopped nuts and tulsi (Indian basil) leaf