Paneer moong toast recipe with video: Crispy toast made with the combination of moong dal and paneer. I usually make these paneer moong toasts for breakfast and it keeps me filled for long time.
Paneer moong toast as name suggest is every healthy, nutritious and very delicious. This toast is made with very little butter and oil. Sometimes I only make these yummy toasts for dinner along with some soup and I am good for dinner. Some other easy to do, nutritious and very filling recipes from my blog for dinner are bread uttapam, veg pulao, egg tortilla wrap, curd quinoa and veg cheese sandwiches.
Paneer moong toast recipe is very easy to do. We just need some moong dal soaked overnight in warm water for at least 8-10 hours. Grind it with little ginger using very little water as we want to keep it thick. Add grated paneer or tofu, fine chopped onions, coriander leaves, green chillies and salt. Apply it on bread along with ketchup, sprinkle some sesame seeds and toast it from both the sides till toast becomes golden brown and crispy.
Here are some substitutes you can do with this paneer moong toast:
- Instead of grated paneer you can also use grated tofu that also works fine in this recipe.
- You can also mix grated carrots in paneer and moong mixture.
- I used green whole moong dal but you can also use yellow moong dal.
- Instead of ketchup you can apply green chutney on toast.
- You can use white bread, wheat bread or multigrain bread all work fine in this recipe.
This moong toast is very good for diabetic patients, if you have high cholesterol or if you are on diet as it is rich in fiber and protein and low in calories. You can also substitute white bread with multigrain bread or whole wheat bread to make it even healthier.
Paneer Moong Toast Video Recipe:
Paneer Moong Toast Detailed Recipe Card
- Grind moong dal( green gram): ½ cup
- Ginger: ½” piece to thick paste
- Fine chopped onion: ¼ cup,
- Paneer or tofu: ½ cup,
- Fine chopped coriander leaves: 2 tbsp
- Fine chopped green chilly: 2,
- Sprinkle sesame seeds: 1 tbsp,
- Tomato ketchup: 2 tbsp,
- Bread slice: 4
- Clean, wash and soak moong dal overnight or for 8-10 hours.
- Drain the water add ginger and grind it to thick paste.
- Take it out in a mixing bowl and add onion, paneer, coriander leaves, green chilly and little salt.
- Mix everything. take one piece of bread apply ketchup on it.
- Take generous amount of mixture and apply it on bread.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds over the mixture.
- Heat pan at medium heat and add ½ tsp of oil on it.
- Put bread mixture side down and cook for 2-3 minutes before turning.
- After 3 minutes apply some butter on bread and flip it over.
- Press gently and cook till bread become golden brown and crispy from both sides.
- Paneer moong toast is ready.
- You can serve paneer moong toast as it is or cut them in two pieces.