Papad roll recipe with a quick step by step video in Hindi.
Papad roll is a delicious, crisp light snack made with papad and potato. It is a yummy instant starter or appetizer which is always hit in parties. Papad roll is a very interesting recipe. To make papad rolls, papad is stuffed with spicy potato mixture. It is then fried till it becomes crisp and golden brown. Here I have used simple dal papad or lentil papadums to make these yummy rolls.
For making papad rolls you can use any stuffing of your choice – potato stuffing, paneer stuffing, veggie and cheese stuffing, Chinese noodles stuffing or any other that you like. They taste good with any of these stuffing. I like to serve them hot as they will turn soggy after some time.
Next time you have some party or you want to try something new try these papad rolls. And I am sure you will like them.
Papad rolls or stuffed papad rolls recipe video:
Papad rolls or stuffed papad rolls recipe card:
- Turmeric powder: ½ tsp
- Red chilly powder: ½ tsp
- Dhaniya or coriander powder: 1 tsp
- Dry mango or amchur powder: ½ tsp
- Cumin or zeera seeds: 1tsp
- Fine chopped green chilly: 1
- Fine chopped ginger garlic: 1 tbsp
- All purpose flour or maida: 1 tbsp
- Fine chopped coriander leaves: 2-3 tbsp
- Frozen green peas: ¼ cup
- Boiled and mashed potatoes: 1 ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Dal papad: 8-10 (small size)
- Take all-purpose-flour and add little water at a time and make smooth thick paste and keep it aside.
- In a pan heat one table spoon of oil.
- Add cumin seeds to hot oil and let them sizzle.
- Now add ginger garlic and saute for a minute.
- When raw smell of ginger garlic is gone add chopped onions and cook till they become slightly brown.
- Now add green peas, mashed potatoes,dry spices, salt and coriander leaves.
- Mix them well and keep them aside.
- Now take warm water in a plate.
- Take one papad and dip it in water and let it soak for 30-40 seconds.
- Now take it out from the water and let it rest on the chopping board for 30 seconds.
- Once papad is soft enough, take small amount of potato mixture.
- Put it on one side of papad leaving the edges.
- With gentle hands carefully roll the papad from one side to another as we roll the spring rolls.
- At the end apply maida or all-purpose paste and stick papad .
- Now with gentle hands press the papad so that everything sticks together.
- Heat the oil at medium flame.
- Drop few rolls at a time and fry them.
- Fry them till they become crisp and golden brown from both the sides.
- Now take them out on a paper towel so take out extra oil.
- Serve hot papad roll with spicy green chutney.