Pav bhaji recipe with step by step video instructions. This is one of the easiest way of making pav bhaji. This Mumbai steet style pav bhaji recipe is worth trying once.
Pav bhaji is very famous street food which can be made for evening snacks, dinner parties and potlucks. I also make it for my kids tiffin box and they love to eat it at school. Do try these snack for kids lunch box which my kids like to eat:
Egg paratha: mess free, easy to eat wrap .
Crispy Sandwich: veggie and cheese sandwich, easy to make and easy to eat.
Aloo Paratha: cut them in triangles and pack some yogurt as a side dip
In today’s pav bhaji recipe, it is very easy and quick. You can do it side by side. Boil veggies on one side and make masala on other side. Just mix together once they are cooked. And pav bhaji will be ready in no time.
I have used ready made pav bhaji masala in making pav bhaji. It saves lots of time and effort. I will be posting the recipe of how to make pav bhaji masala at home soon. You want to can make fresh masala and store it in fridge in air tight container for later use.
Making bhaji is super easy. To get that street style taste here are some of my tips on how to make pav b haji:
- Make sure to add some beans and beetroot in bhaji.
Pav bhaji Recipe Video:
Pav bhaji Recipe Card:
- Pav Bhaji
- Potatoes: 5-6
- Fine chopped tomatoes: 1½ cup
- Fine chopped bell pepper or capsicum: 1 cup
- green peas: ½ cup
- Fine chopped beans: ⅔ cup
- Fine chopped beetroot: ¼ cup
- Fine chopped carrots: ½ cup
- Fine chopped onions: 1 cup
- Green chilly: 1
- Ginger garlic paste or grated ginger garlic: 1tbsp
- Kashmiri lal mirch powder: 1 tsp
- Pav bhaji masala; 2tbsp
- In a pressure cooker take chopped potatoes, peas, carrots, beans, beetroot and salt.
- Add water till veggies are completely covered.
- Cover it with a lid and take 5-6 whistls or till veggies become mushy.
- Once pressure cooker cools down, open the lid .
- With the help of potato masher mush all the veggies and keep them aside.
- Now heat the oil in big pan or karahi.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute till paste become slightly brown.
- Now add fine chopped onions and cook till they slightly pink.
- In between add salt and mix it properly.
- Once onions turn pink add capcicum or bell pepper.
- Cover and cook till onions are soft, brown and leaves oil.
- At this point add fine chopped tomatoes,mix everything well.
- Cover and cook till tomatoes are soft , mushy and oil seperates.
- Now add 2 tbsp butter and mix it well.
- Add kashmiri lal mirch powder, pav bhaji masala and mix it again.
- Now add mushy veggies mix it well with masala and let it cook for ome time.
- Now add water according to the consistency you like.
- Mix well and let the bhaji boil for few minutes and you see some oil on the top.
- Pav bhaji is ready to serve.
- Serve pav bhaji it in a bowl and garnish it with fine chopped onions, lemon juice , butter and coriander leaves.
- For pav take pav cut ir from center.
- Heat butter on pan and sprinkle some pav bhaji masala on it.
- Put the pav on the butter.
- Cook till pav become little crisp.