Peanut chutney or groundnut chutney for idli, dosa and vada. Do watch my step by step peanut chutney video in hindi.
This is one of the most simple chutney which can be made in minutes. It goes very well with all types of vadas, pakoras, dosa , uttapam, rice or even with parathas. It’s a spicy but healthy chutney made with basic ingredients.
You can use freshly grated coconut, frozen coconut or dry coconut. They all work fine in this chutney. If you are using fresh coconut, roast it for little longer time. Since my chilies are not very hot I have used 4 of them. You can use less (or more) chilies according to your taste. So next time when you make idli or dosa I really recommend you to try this Peanut chutney.
I mostly make bread omelet, oats uttapam, egg paratha, sandwiches for breakfast and at least twice in a month I make idli and dosa. For all of these this peanut chutney or coconut chutney comes very handy. It becomes a very quick breakfast accompaniment especially on school days.
You can also freeze peanut chutney. For this store the chutney in air tight container and deep freeze it. Whenever you want to eat, take it out of the freezer 2-3 hours in advance .
I make this peanut chutney and refrigerate it. It will be good for 3-4 days. Whenever I make light snacks or with my family favorite – idli and vada I make this peanut chutney. I have also tried it with sandwich and it tastes delicious. Sometime I use it as a dip for chips, carrots and cucumber like hummus.
Peanut Chutney Recipe Video:
Peanut Chutney Recipe Card:
- For chutney:
- Dry grated coconut or fresh grated coconut: ½ cup
- Raw Peanuts: ⅔ cup
- Dry red chilly: 4-
- Cumin seeds: 1tsp
- Garlic: 2 clove
- For tadka:
- Mustard: ½ tsp
- Urad dal: ½ tsp
- Curry leaves: 4- five
- In a pan heat 1 tsp of oil at medium low heat.
- Add peanuts and roast them of few minutes or till peanuts become crisp.
- Take them out in a bowl and let them cool down.
- Now heat the pan again at medium low heat.
- Add chili, cumin seeds and garlic.
- Roast for a minute and add coconut.
- Saute and roast till coconut is nicely roasted and become light brown in color.
- Transfer it with peanuts and let it also cool down for some time.
- Once everything is luke warm, transfer them in mixer jar.
- Add salt and little water and grind to paste.
- For tadka take 1 tbsp oil in pan.
- As the oil gets hot add mustard and urad dal.
- Saute for few seconds and add curry leaves.
- Put hot tadka on chutney.
- Peanut chutney is ready to serve.