Pizza without yeast and without oven recipe with instructional video. A simple easy to do pizza without oven recipe from scratch made on Tawa or pan. Love this no yeast Pan Pizza as it is easy and tastes super fresh and yummy.
In my one of the earlier posts I made pizza dough from scratch with yeast. Some of my friends are allergic to yeast and they asked me to post easy pizza dough recipe without yeast. I thought of experimenting with my Kulcha or Naan dough and use it as pizza base and made it on Pan itself. To my surprise this pizza without yeast came out so well that it has become my favorite way of making quick pizza at home now. It also gives me flexibility to use leftover dough for Naan or Kulcha.
In this no yeast pizza recipe, I used baking powder, baking soda and curd for leavening, sugar to increase the process of fermentation, salt for taste and oil for smoothness. In this pizza recipe it is very important that you knead a very soft and smooth dough and let the dough rest for 8-10 hours at warm place for sufficient fermentation.
Once pizza dough is ready and you are about to make pizza, knead it lightly once again and divide it in balls. Let these dough balls rest for 10 minutes. If you see my video I have shown how to roll the dough balls so that the air remains trapped. After rolling the dough I pricked it with a fork so that pizza crust does not puff up like chapati while cooking.
In this recipe, along with no yeast, I am also not planning to use oven, rather I made it on a frying pan or skillet. Here it is very important that you choose a heavy bottom pan otherwise the pizza might get burnt. If you have cast iron pan or skillet I recommend using that. Also Before putting the pizza on the pan the pan should be hot at medium low heat. Not too hot, nor too cold.
Pizza on tawa or pan takes very less time to cook and you should keep an eye on the bottom part of the pizza while cooking it as you do want to get it burnt. We want nice crispy pizza with some brown spots. Pizza should be cooked only on medium low heat other wise it will burn from outside and will remain uncooked from inside.
Today I made Pizza with two different types of sauces. One pizza with regular pizza sauce that is my kids’ favorite and the other one with pesto sauce that is my and my husband’s favorite. I used olives, onions and capsicum as veggie toppings, you can use your choice of toppings to make your own personal pan pizza.
This tawa pizza is so crispy, hearty and delicious. Whenever you are craving for pizza next time try this pan pizza or tawa pizza.
No Yeast, Without Oven Pizza Recipe from Strach Video With Detailed Instructions:
No Yeast, No Oven Pizza Recipe Card:
- --For Pizza Dough (5 personal size)
- All-purpose flour (maida): 3 cups,
- Sugar: 1 tbsp,
- Salt: ¾ tsp, Oil: 1 tbsp,
- Baking powder: ½ tsp,
- Baking soda: ⅓ tsp,
- Thick curd or yogurt: 3 tbsp,
- Water: 1 cup + as needed,
- Dry flour to roll the pizza
- --For Toppings--
- Pizza sauce or Pesto,
- Sliced onions: ½ cup,
- Sliced Olive 10-12,
- Fine chopped bell pepper or capsicum: ½ cup,
- Oil: 3 tsp, Chilly flakes,
- Italian seasoning,
- Mozzarella cheese: 2 cups
- In a mixing bowl take all purpose flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Mix them and make a well in between.
- Now add oil, curd and 1 cup of water and knead soft and smooth dough.
- Add little more water and make soft, smooth and elastic dough.
- Coat the dough with little oil, put it in a bowl and wrap the bowl with cling wrap.
- Keep the dough at warm place for 6-8 hours.
- After 8 hours take out the dough put some oil in your hands and knead the dough once again.
- Divide the dough in 5 parts and roll them as shown in the video.
- Keep them aside and let the balls rest for 10 minutes.
- Chop the veggies and keep them aside.
- Heat the pan at medium low heat.
- Take one ball and dip it in flour and roll it to a eight inch circle.
- Now with a help of the fork prick the rolled dough.
- Heat the pan at medium low heat and put the rolled dough on it.
- Cook it till you see light brown spots on down side.
- Once pizza base is brown from down side turn it over and spread pizza sauce, vegetables and cheese and Italian seasoning on it.
- Pour little olive oil on the sides, cover and let the pizza cook till it cheese melts and pizza becomes brown and crispy.
- It may take 5-6 minutes.
- Once pizza base is brown from down switch off the heat.
- Your pan pizza is ready to serve.