Poha kachori recipe video: quick crispy kachoris for snack. Enjoy poha kachori with tea and spicy coriander chutney.
Poha kachori is a crispy snack made from beaten or flattened rice (poha). It’s an easy recipe. I made it in two parts, first I made base for the outer cover by mixing potatoes and bread pieces, and then I made stuffing with beaten rice (poha), roasted peanuts and spices. After that I stuffed poha mixture in the kachori base and deep fried the same.
There are few things to remember to make poha kachori successfully:
– Make sure to use only white or yellow potatoes for making kachori base otherwise kachories may break while frying.
– Do remember to seal the kachoris properly after stuffing to avoid spillage while frying.
– The oil should not be very hot while deep frying otherwise kachoris will only get cooked from outside and would remain raw from inside.
Crispy Poha Kachori
If you like poha kachori you may also like suji or rawa kachori and cheese kachori. They are also super easy and super delicious.
Poha Kachori Video Recipe With Detailed Instructions:
Also check out Snacks and Appetizers section for snack recipes.
Poha Kachori Detailed Recipe Card:
- Boiled grated potato (yellow or white): 1½ cup,
- Bread Pieces: 6-break them in very small pieces with hands,
- Poha (Beaten Rice): ½ cup,
- Roasted crushed peanuts: 2 tbsp,
- Lemon juice: 1 tbsp,
- Red chilly (lal mirch) powder: 1 tsp,
- Chat masala: ½ tsp,
- Fine chopped green chilly: 2,
- Fine chopped coriander or cilantro leaves: 1 tbsp,
- Oil for frying
- In a bowl mix together boiled grated potatoes, bread pieces, red chilly powder and little salt.
- Mix everything and kneed it like dough.
- For the stuffing, take soaked poha, add roasted crushed peanuts, chopped coriander leaves, fine chopped green chilly, lemon juice, chat masala, chilly powder and salt.
- Mix everything together and make small lemon sized balls.
- Now take some oil and rub it between your palms and take out small portion of the dough roll it and make a ball.
- Now gently press the ball between your palms and press the corners and make a bowl shape.
- Put the stuffing inside and seal all the corners.
- You can use some water to close all the edges and to fill the cracks.
- Gently press it between palms to give Kachori shape.
- Heat the oil at medium heat and deep fry the kachoris till they become brown and crispy.
- Serve poha kachori with your favorite dip, chutney or sauce.
2. After boiling don’t leave the potatoes in boiling water otherwise they will absorb extra water which is not good when you are using potatoes for deep frying.
3. Make sure to fill all the cracks before frying the poha kachor.
4. Don’t put many kachoris at a time while frying otherwise they will fall apart.
5. These kachoris tastes best when served hot.