Aloo bread chaat recipe: quick and very unique dish made with ingredients usually available at home. You can make this bread chaat recipe for breakfast and well as snack.
This innovative potato bread chaat, I first ate at my in-law’s house and immediately fallen in love with it. I always love the recipes which are quick, easy and still tasty.
You can find verity of chaats in various parts of India. Samosa, Kachori, Aloo Tikki, Papdi Chaat, Pav Bhaji and the list is endless. Most of them require considerable amount of time to prepare and if you are a Chaat lover like me, you would want to have them pretty much every day. This is when recipes like this Potato Bread Chaat come handy. Try it once and you will know what I am talking about
This chaat tastes so amazing that sometime I make it for dinner for my family. Amit (my hubby) and Dev (my elder one) just love it and I am also happy to make it as it’s just so quick to do .
Enjoy this chaat right away, as bread don’t remain crispy for long. If you are making this chaat for parties you should toast bread with potato ahead of time and just reheat and garnish them before serving.
Bread aloo chaat recipe video: I would recommend to watch my easy to follow step by step instructional recipe video for more details:
Bread Aloo Chaat Video Recipe
If you are looking for quick Indian breakfast recipe you can check Quick Indian breakfast section of the blog.
Bread Aloo Chaat Detailed Recipe Card
- Bread slices: 2-3,
- Boiled medium size potatoes: 2,
- All Purpose Flour (Maida): 2 tsp,
- Chopped Green Chillies: 2,
- Chopped Cilantro (Coriander): ¼ cup,
- Chopped Tomato, Cucumber, onions: ½ cup each,
- Chat masala: ½ tsp,
- Red chilly powder: ¼ tsp,
- Salt: To taste,
- Tomato Ketchup,
- Oil and Butter to cook
- Mash the boiled potatoes in a bowl.
- Add green chilly, coriander leaves, salt and mix well.
- In the other bowl mix flour, red chilly powder, little salt and water to make a smooth batter.
- Now take the bread pieces and cut them diagonally.
- Spread the prepared potato mixture over bread pieces. Press them firmly with your hands and make sure mixture is stuck to the bread.
- With a spoon pour and spread flour batter on top of potato mixture.
- Heat the pan at medium heat and pour some oil on it.
- Put the bread pieces potato side down. Let it cook for some time till they become golden brown.
- Spread butter on top of bread and turn it over.
- Cook till breads become brown and crispy.
- Garnish with Chopped vegetables, green chutney, chaat masala, tomato ketchup and cilantro just before serving.
2. You can make these toasts ahead of time, heat them and garnish them just before serving.
3. I have also posted green chutney recipe and mint chutney recipe both will go with this recipe.