How do you make homemade potato wedges? Here is spicy potato Wedges recipe without oven. This crisp, fried potato wedges recipe is easy and you will get almost all the ingredients at home. Easy and tasty potato wedges can be baked or fried according to your choice.
Potato wedges are crisp potato snack . If you are making them for party you can do half preparation ahead of time and fry the when guests arrive.
Making potato wedges is very easy.st follow simple instructions and they will be ready in no time.
Here are some tricks and tips to make crisp seasoned potato wedges:
- Cut potatoes in thick pieces not like french fries.
- Boil them in water till they are 50% done.
- Let the wedges cool down completely before coating them with batter.
- Freeze them atleast for 20 minutes.
- Deep fry them at medium high heat till they are crisp. You can eat wedges just after frying. But I took a step further and sauted with herbs . That makes potato wedges double tasty.
Potato Wedges recipe video:
Potato Wedges recipe card:
- Potato or aloo: 2 medium size
- All purpose flour: ¼ cup
- Rice flour or chawal ka atta: ¼ cup
- Fine chopped garlic: 2 -3 cloves
- Chilli flakes: 1 tsp
- Sesame seeds: 1tsp
- oregano or thyme (optional): ½ tsp
- Water : 4 cups
- Peel potatoes and wash them.
- Cut them in two cut pieces.
- Cut each piece in 5 more pieces.
- Take water in large pot and add chopped potatoes and salt.
- cook them till they are half done.
- Sieve the water and let the wedges cool down completely.
- Take mixing bowl and add rice flour, maida and little salt.
- Now take wedges and put them in batter and coat them nicely.
- Cover the bowl with cling wrap and put it in freezer for atleast 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes take them out.
- Heat oil in fry pan at medium high heat.
- Deep fry wedges till they are golden brown and crisp.
- You can eat them as it is.
- Or heat a tea spoon of oil in a pan. Add garlic, sesame and saute.
- Add fried wedges, oregano and chilli flakes.
- Mix well. Serve hot .
Boil them in water till they are 50% done.
Let the wedges cool down completely before coating them with batter.
Freeze them atleast for 20 minutes.
Deep fry them at medium high heat till they are crisp.