I just love this salad. Lots of greens and nuts with a little twist of yogurt and sweetness…
To impress kids just mix some boil pasta to this salad. You can use more nuts, more fresh fruits, color bell peppers or corn kernels. You can be really experimental with this kind of salad. Usually I serve this salad with bread or make a quick sandwich to accompany it.
I used mixture of mayonnaise and thick yogurt in this recipe but if you want you can skip mayonnaise and just use yogurt. It works just fine. If you don’t prefer sugar or honey, you can replace it with any sugar substitute, but a little sweetness is needed in this salad. Sometimes I use bread croutons and boiled pasta in this salad to make it a full meal.
Try this fresh, creamy, nutty, crispy, crunchy, tasty, salad for your next salad craving. Whenever I make this salad for parties I drizzle some fresh cream on it, mmmmmmmmm it becomes divine . I know what you thinking… but sometimes in the battle of taste and calories, taste does take over.
I really recommend you to watch my easy to follow step by step instructional video
Salad- Recipe Video
Try my easy healthy breakfast recipes to go with this scrumptious salad.
Salad- Detailed Recipe Card
- Plain Yogurt (curd): ¼ cup,
- Mayonnaise: ¼ cup,
- Honey: 1 tea spoon,
- Salt: To taste,
- Chopped broccoli, carrots, cucumber: ¼ cup each,
- Salad leaves: 4-5 chopped,
- Apple: ½ cup,
- Walnut, Cranberries: ¼ cup
- In a bowl, mix mayonnaise, yogurt, salt, honey.
- Add chopped vegetables, salad leaves, apple, walnut and cranberries.
- Mix everything together.
- Salad is ready to eat. Enjoy it with your lunch and dinner.
2. If you don’t want to use mayonnaise, just double the quantity of yogurt.
3. If you are making for diabetic person use sugar free instead of honey.
4. For kids add some boiled pasta to this salad.
5. You can also add some croutons in this salad.