Rava toast recipe with a quick step by step video. Sooji toast or rava toast is a very old yet delicious breakfast recipe. It is filling, quick and yummy to eat.
I often make sooji toast for evening snacks or for my kids after school snack. It is healthy, simple and you will get almost all the ingredients at home. If you have a busy day and you do not want to cook much rava toast is a best recipe for you.
I have used onions, tomatoes, capsicum in making these rava toasts. You can also try more veggies like carrots, corns in rava toast. Also if you like use a table spoon of cream with rava it makes toast very yummy and creamy. The option is adding malai, which also give sooji toast very rich taste.
The choice of bread is yours – white bread, wheat bread or multigrain bread. In making sooji toast, spread mixture of sooji or rava with fine chopped veggies and curd on bread. Then toast the bread till it become crisp and golden brown. Make sure to toast on medium low flame so that sooji mixture cooks all the way to inside.
Sooji Toast or Rava Toast Recipe Video:
Sooji Toast or Rava Toast Recipe Card:
- Bread slices: five
- Fine chopped onions: ¼ cup
- Chopped capsicum: ¼ cum
- Fine chopped de seeded tomatoes: ¼ cup
- Yogurt: ¼ cup
- Fine chopped coriander leaves: 2tbsp
- Fine chopped green chilly: 1
- Rava / sooji / semolina: ½ cup
- Tomato ketchup: 2 tbsp
- In a mixing bowl, add rava and curd. Mix them well.
- Now add little water at a time and make smooth batter.
- Now add ¾ of the onions, ¾ of capsicum, ¾ of tomatoes, yogurt, salt, coriander leaves, and green chilly.
- Mix them nicely, cover and leave it for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes take out the mixture and mix it again.
- Add little water if needed. Mixture should not be very thick or thin
- Take a bread slice and apply thin layer of ketchup on it.
- Now add thin layer of rava mixture on top of ketchup.
- Now put some pieces of capsicum, onion and tomatoes on it.
- Press it gently.
- Now heat the pan at medium low heat.
- Put some oil on it. Put the toast rava side down on pan.
- Press it gently and let it cook from down for few minutes.
- Now apply butter on top and flip the bread.
- Cook the bread from down till it becomes crisp and golden brown.
- Now flip it over and cook from the other side too.
- Turn it once or twice till bread is brown and crisp from both the sides.