Roti cheela recipe with quick step by step video. This leftover roti recipe is quick simple snack breakfast that can be made in minutes.
Leftover rotis can be used in many ways. Roti cutlet, roti pizza, roti pakora are some delicious recipes. My dad love to eat leftover roti with yogurt and green chilly. In old times food used to cook on chula. My grand ma used to cook roti only once a day in morning. We use to eat the same rotis in evening too. They used to taste fresh and yummy till evening.
Talking about today’s recipe roti cheela. It is very quick and easy and one of the best way to use leftover roti or chapati ( bachi hui roti ki recipe). Just make besan batter with lots of veggies. Pour it on roti and cook it from both side. Cook them till it become crisp and golden brown from both side.
Roti Cheela Recipe video: ( bachi hui roti ki recipe in Hindi ):
Roti Cheela Recipe card:
- Leftover or fresh Roti: 4
- Gram flour: 1 cup
- Fine chopped onions: ¼ cup
- Fine chopped tomatoes: ¼ cup
- Capsicum: 1 small
- Fine chopped beans: 5-6
- Fine chopped green chilly: 2
- Fine chopped coriander leaves: 1-2 tbsp
- Red chilly powder: ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Amchur powder: 1tsp
- In a mixing bowl take gram flour or besan.
- Add red chilly powder, cumin seeds, amchur powder, green coriander, fine chopped green chilly and salt.
- Mix everything well.
- Now add little water at a time , mix well.
- Consistency of batter should be like idli batter.
- Beat the batter well to make it fluffy.
- Now add onions, tomatoes, beans and capsicum and mix it again.
- Take a big spoon full of batter and put it on one side of chapati or roti.
- Now heat the pan at medium heat and spread some oil on it.
- Put the roti mixture side down and press it gently with spatula.
- Let the chapati cook for a minute.
- Now spread a laddle full of mixture on top side of roti.
- Turn the roti slowly and let it cook for other side too.
- Spread some oil on the sides of roti .
- Press the roti and flip it couple of times till it is fully cookes and become crisp.
- Cheela roti is ready to serve.