Roti Cutlet or Chapati cutlet recipe with video: crispy chapati cutlets made with roti or chapati and veggies. Healthy chapati cutlets or roti cutlets made with left over roti, chapati or tortillas and a full meal in it self.
Roti cutlets or Chapati cutlets sound very different. Isn’t it? My seven year boy always complain that eating chapati everyday is so boring. “Mom can you make some thing else”? So I thought why not make something interesting with these chapatis itself. These cutlets have chapati and lots veggies that make them like complete meal in itself like having chapati with veggies. Also good mix of vegetables makes it healthy and nutritious. My son loves these roti cutlets, so it is win win for both of us .
Making these roti cutlets or chapati cutlets is very simple. First break the chapati or roti in small pieces and grind them to grainy mixture (we do not want thin powder). You can use your fresh or even leftover roti, tortilla, parathas in this roti cutlet recipe. Today I used grated carrots primarily, but you can use any combination of veggies like spinach, beans, capsicum, cabbage or what your kids love to eat. Make sure to chop veggies very fine so that they completely gel together with other ingredients of roti cutlets and also it helps in shaping the cutlets without cracks.
Add all the ingredients together. Shape these yummy cutlets to whatever shape you like and shallow fry them in little oil. Serve crispy roti or chapati cutlets with your favorite dip.
In this roti cutlet recipe I rolled the cutlets in semolina which makes cutlets very crispy; you can also use bread crumbs as a substitute of soji or rawa.
Serve these roti cutlets as it is or you can make sandwich or wrap with it. I have also posted macaroni cutlet, vermicelli cutlets and oats cutlets. you can make sandwich and warps with them too. These are all yummy combinations to try. They are delicious and super easy to do.
To make sandwich with roti cutlets take two pieces of lightly toasted bread. Apply your favorite spread on the bread (I used mayonnaise as it is my son’s favorite). Put some salad leaves and roti cutlets. Cover it with other piece of bread, gently press it and cut in two pieces. Pack them for your kid’s tiffin box or give them as after school snack. It’s complete meal in itself. Talking about tiffin box you can also try egg paratha roll, baked bread rolls, vegetable pulao, spring rolls, mix veg paratha.
To make lettuce wrap take a lettuce or any salad leaf. Apply some spread and ketchup on it. Put roti cutlet or chapati cutlet and wrap it around. Serve it in parties, potlucks or have them in snack. You can also see sooji or rawa kachori, samosa pinwheels, sesame bread sticks, macaroni chaat, bread dahi vadas for quick and easy snack recipes.
Roti Cutlet or Chapati Cutlet Video Recipe
Roti Cutlet or Chapati Cutlet detailed recipe card
- Roti, chapati, or tortilla : 3-4,
- Grated Carrot: ¼ cup,
- Fine chopped onions: ¼ cup,
- Lemon Juice: 1-2 tsp,
- Boiled mashed potatoes: ⅔ cup,
- Semolina/ rawa/ sooji: 2tbsp+ 1tbsp for coating,
- Coriander leaves: 2 tbsp,
- Fine chopped green chilly: 2,
- Red chilly powder: ½ tsp,
- >>>>For making Sandwiches and Lettuce wraps:
- Bread: 2 pieces,
- Lettuce leaves: 3-4
- Break roti, chapati or tortilla in small pieces.
- Grind them to a grainy mixture and transfer it to a mixing bowl.
- Add boiled mashed potatoes, onions, carrots, lemon juice, sooji or rawa, coriander leaves, salt green chillies with ground roti.
- Mix everything together and knead it like dough and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes rub little oil in your palm and make patties.
- You can make any shape patties you like.
- Roll the patties in semolina or rawa.
- Heat the pan on medium heat and add oil on it.
- Put the roti cutlets on the pan.
- Cook them and flip them over couple of times till they become brown and crispy from both the sides.
- Once roti cutlets are ready serve them with your favorite dip.
2. While grinding roti do not make thin powder we need grainy mixture.
3. Chop veggies very fine so that they get easily bind up with other ingredients.
4. Do not turn roti cutlets immediately after putting them on pan wait for few minutes then turn them over.
5. If your chapatis are already salted do not add too much of salt.