Sandwich Toast with mini Skewers or Tikka Sandwich Toast is a delicious crispy sandwich that is filled with veggies and baked with mini Skewers or tikka. Make this tikka sandwich toast for kids after school, parties, potluck. I am sure it would be a hit every time.
Sandwiches and Toasts are quick to make in mornings especially when you are running out of time (and Ideas). I have also posted other sandwich recipes earlier like curd/yogurt sandwich, scrambled egg sandwich, paneer sandwich, but this is little different as I baked these sandwiche toasts instead of making them in pan or sandwich toaster/griller.
I like to use whole wheat bread or multigrain bread in making sandwiche toasts but speaking honestly the best taste comes with white bread and they also look great. I have some guests coming over so my choice is white bread today.
These tikka sandwich toasts are very interesting to do. You can even involve your kids to make small tikkas/skewers of their choice of veggies.
For making mini tikkas I used cherry tomatoes, onions, capsicum and paneer. You can also use baby corns, olives and pineapple. They also tastes delicious. While making these sandwich toasts we don’t have to overcook as the veggies we are using can be eaten pretty much raw. If we cook it too much veggies will fall apart and bread may also get over burnt.
I have used bamboo skewers for making mini skewers. I soaked them in water for 15-20 minutes before using so that they do not burn while baking.
Go ahead and make these cute Sandwich toast for your next snack time! I am sure you will love them.
Watch my easy to follow recipe video of Sandwich Toasts with Mini Skewers
Sandwich Toast recipe card below:
- Bell peppers fine chopped: ¼ cup,
- Boiled mashed potatoes: ½ cup,
- Onion fine chopped: ¼ cup,
- Fine chopped coriander leaves: 1tbsp,
- Fine chopped green chilly: 2,
- Bread pieces; 4-5,
- Amchoor powder or lemon juice: 1tsp,
- >>>>For marinade:
- Diced paneer pieces: 8-10,
- Onions, bell peppers cut in square piece: 8-10,
- Cherry tomatoes: 8-10,
- Olive oil: 1 tsp,
- Bamboo Toothpick 8-10
- In a bowl mix together, boiled mashed potatoes, chopped capsicum, onions, amchoor powder or lemon juice, salt, coriander leaves and green chilly.
- Mix well and keep it aside.
- In another bowl mix together cherry tomatoes, diced paneer, onion and bell pepper pieces, olive oil and salt. Keep it aside.
- Take out the crust of the breads and cut them diagonally into four pieces.
- Take piece of bread put the potato stuffing and cover it with other piece and press it gently.
- Make all the sandwiches like this and place them on baking tray lined with aluminum foil.
- Apply butter on both side of the sandwiches.
- Now put any three marinated veggies in each toothpick and make mini skewers.
- Put these veggie skewers or tikkas in the sandwiches.
- Preheat oven at 350F or 180 F and bake these tikka sandwiches for 8-10 minutes.
- Sandwiches toasts are ready. Serve them hot with your favorite drink.
2. Instead of butter you can use olive oil to coat the bread.