Schezwan Bread Pizza recipe video with easy to follow instructions. This spicy, garlicky, schezwan bread pizza toast is one of my family favorites and I also made it couple of times for parties and get togethers.
I love making bread pizza as they are quick, delicious and very filling. You can also see other toasts or open sandwich recipes in my blog like egg cheese toast, chutney cheese toast and now this schezwan bread pizza toast. They are very different from each other in taste and all are super easy to do.
Talking about today’s spicy, garlicky and super delicious schezwan bread pizza recipe, it is very easy to make. Just toast the bread and top them with veggie schezwan noodles, sprinkle some cheese and bake them till cheese melts and bread becomes little crispy.
The idea of making schezwan bread pizza came to my mind when I once had some leftover schezwan noodles at home. I had them with toasted bread and just loved them. I experimented a little more and finally came up with this recipe. The main ingredient in making this toast is schezwan sauce. You can find home recipe to make schezwan sauce here.
I love Chinese food and often make them for parties, potlucks or for dinner. Soon I’ll be posting more quick and easy to do Indo-Chinese recipes.
Schezwan Bread Pizza Toast Recipe Video
Schezwan Bread Pizza Toast Detailed Recipe Card
- Bread Slices: 6
- Green onion: 4 strings
- Baby corns: 4,
- Red and green bell pepper: ½ cup chopped in big diagonal pieces,
- Carrot: ½ cup chopped diagonally,
- Boiled noodles in small pieces: ¼ cup,
- Paneer or tofu: ¼ cup cut in small cubes,
- Soya sauce: 1 tsp,
- Grated garlic and ginger: 1 tbsp,
- Grated mozzarella cheese: ½ cup + ½ cup to sprinkle on top,
- Schezwan sauce: 2 tbsp,
- Mixture of schezwan sauce & tomato ketchup: 1 tbsp each,
- Butter & Oil
- In a small bowl mix together 1 tbsp of ketchup and 1 tbsp of schezwan sauce and keep it aside.
- Heat pan on medium heat and add ginger and garlic. Sauté and cook for few seconds.
- Now add green onions, mix and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add carrots, bell peppers, baby corns, paneer or tofu and boiled noodles.
- Increase the heat to high and sauté for 1 minute.
- Stir in soya sauce, schezwan sauce, mix everything and cook for one more minute.
- Transfer veggies in a bowl and let them cool down for some time.
- In a meanwhile line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- Heat the pan and toast the bread lightly from both sides with butter.
- Put the toasted bread slices on parchment paper.
- Now apply mixture of tomato ketchup and schezwan sauce which we made earlier on each toast.
- Once veggie mixture is cold enough mix grated cheese in it.
- Put generous amount of schezwan veggie mixture on each toast and spread it uniformly.
- Sprinkle some grated cheese on top.
- Bake it in pre heated oven at 380F or 190C for 8-9 minutes or till the cheese melts and bread becomes crisp.
- Serve schezwan toast hot and crisp.