Schezwan fried rice with a quick instructional video. Schezwan fried rice is very famous Indo Chinese dish which I often make at my home. It is a must try spicy, red hot and delicious rice that can be made in minutes if you have boiled rice ready.
Schezwan rice is basically rice fried with vegetables in schezwan sauce. I have already posted very quick recipe of schezwan sauce which you can use in making this fried rice, schezwan noodles and schezwan pizza toast. You can use any vegetables of your choice which go well in Indo-Chinese recipe to make this schezwan fried rice.
Whenever you are making schezwan fried rice or any fried rice make sure that you boiled the rice ahead of time or you can also use left over rice. Rice should be completely cooled down before pan frying otherwise they will break in small pieces and also will become very mushy.
It is very important to keep the flame very high while making this schezwan fried rice. Chinese food has special smoky flavor and taste which can only be achieved by cooking everything on high flame which also helps in holding the shape and crunch.
In summary, here are few tips and tricks to make perfect Schezwan Fried Rice:
- Boil rice ahead of time so that it is cold when you are using it for making schezwan rice.
- Cook all the veggies on high flame.
- Make sure not to overcook the veggies. They should hold their shape and crunch.
- You can add more or less schezwan sauce according to your taste.
- You can use any other veggies of your choice to make this rice.
- This rice is made on high flame so make sure to keep all the veggies and sauces handy so that you can use them immediately.
Schezwan Fried Rice Video Recipe
Schezwan Fried Rice Detailed Recipe Card
- Boiled cooked rice: 2 cups
- Chopped French beans in ⅛ “ pieces : ½ cup
- Fine chopped carrot: ½ cup
- Fine chopped bell pepper: ½ cup
- Fine chopped green onion (only white part): ½ cup
- Soya sauce: 1 tsp
- Schezwan sauce: 2 tbsp
- Fine chopped garlic: 2-3 cloves &
- Fine chopped ginger: ¼” piece
- Oil: 2-3 tbsp
- Fine chopped green part of green onions for garnishing
- Put the pan at high heat. As the pan is getting hot add oil and ginger and garlic.
- Saute and cook for 30 seconds or till the raw smell of garlic is gone.
- Now add chopped green beans, carrots and onions.
- Saute them, spread them and cook them for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir them in between after every few seconds.
- Once veggies are crisp add bell peppers, soya sauce and schezwan sauce.
- Mix everything and let it cook for a minute on high flame.
- Now add boiled rice, mix everything and let it cook on high flame for one more minute.
- Keep stirring rice as it may stick to the pan.
- After a minute switch off the heat and garnish schezwan rice with some fine chopped green onions.
- Serve schezwan rice hot.
Cook all the veggies on high flame.
Make sure not to overcook the veggies. They should hold their shape and crunch.
You can add more or less Schezwan sauce according to your taste.
You can use any other veggies of your choice to make this rice.
This rice is made on high flame so make sure to keep all the veggies and sauces handy so that you can use them immediately.