Sesame Breadsticks are quick finger snacks unique in shape and flavor. This is quick appetizer recipe and is always a party hit.
I used potato as a base mixture in making these sesame bread sticks. For coating the bread sticks I used all-purpose flour (maida) batter of medium liquid consistency. I recommend you to check out my recipe video to get the exact idea of consistency and overall process.
While making sesame breadsticks make sure that you cover entire bread base with potato and cover potato layer completely with the batter. That way sesame seeds will stick all over the bread and sticks will get fried uniformly.
If you do not want to deep fry these yummy sesame breadsticks, you can shallow fry them on the pan instead. You will need to be little careful with them on the pan and turn them to ensure they get cooked from all the sides. For getting the right crunch, deep frying is the best option.
Once prepared, server these sesame breadsticks immediately for the best taste and crunch. Enjoy them with chutney or sauce of your choice.
Sesame Bread Sticks: Quick video with instructions:
Checkout, Snacks and Appetizers section for more of cool party appetizer recipes.
Sesame breadsticks recipe card below:
- Boiled & mashed potato: ½ cup,
- Chopped green chilies: 1-2,
- White sandwich bread: 2 pieces,
- Sesame seeds: 2 tbsp,
- Red chilly powder: ½ tsp (twice),
- Cumin (Jeera) powder: ½ tsp,
- Garam masala: ½ tsp,
- Amchoor (dry mango or khatai) powder: ½ tsp,
- All purpose flour (maida): ⅓ cup,
- Oil for deep frying,
- In a bowl, add boiled mashed potato, green chilly, red chilly powder, cumin powder, amchoor powder, garam masala and salt.
- Mix everything well and keep it aside.
- In another bowl add all-purpose flour, salt and red chilly powder.
- Add little water at a time and make a thick and smooth batter.
- Now cut each bread in four pieces. Take each piece and spread tomato ketchup on them.
- Spread thick layer of potato mixture on top of ketchup layer.
- Gently press it so that potato mixture and bread stick together. Do the same with all the pieces.
- Now dip each piece in batter and sprinkle sesame seed on it.
- Deep fry them till they become brown and crispy.
- Serve sesame fingers hot with your favorite dip.
2. Make sure all the bread pieces are fully covered in maida mixture before deep frying.
3. Don’t cook the sesame breadsticks in very hot oil otherwise they will be only cooked from outside not inside.
4, You can use any type of bread in this recipe.