In this restaurant style spinach mushroom recipe mushrooms are cooked in thick, smooth and rich creamy spinach gravy. Even if you are not a big spinach fan, try this spinach mushroom curry and I am sure you will love it.
I first read this recipe in a book and by reading itself I knew that this spinach mushroom curry is going to be one of my favorite. The very next day I made it for dinner and it came out amazing. I tried to simplify it a little, but this multi step recipe is required to be so to get that smooth and aromatic taste. Adding cream in this curry gives it a very smooth texture and taste. If you don’t like mushrooms, you can replace it with paneer.
Spinach Mushroom Curry Video Recipe
Spinach Mushroom Curry Detailed Recipe Card
- Chopped Tomatoes: 2 cups,
- Chopped onions: 1½ cup,
- Crushed Ginger: 1 tbs,
- Crushed Garlic: 1 tbs
- Cumin powder (zeera powder): 2 tsp,
- Turmeric powder (haldi): 1 tsp,
- Coriander Powder (dhania powder): 2 tsp,
- Chilly Powder: 1 tsp,
- Gram Flour (Beasn): 2 tbs,
- Cream: ¼ cup,
- Chopped Spinach: 4 cup,
- Chopped Mushrooms: 2 cup,
- Milk: 2 tbs,
- Salt: To taste,
- Oil: 2-3 tbs
- In a hot pan add oil, add crushed ginger, crushed garlic and sauté it for few seconds.
- Now add chopped onions and cook for 8-10 minutes till onion become soft.
- Add all the spices and sauté it for a while.
- Add chopped tomatoes, salt and cook it for 5 more minutes. Add chopped spinach and cook it for another 5 minutes.
- Now reduce heat to low, cover the mixture and cook it for 5 more minutes.
- Switch off the stove and let the mixture cool down.
- Now grind the mixture and transfer it back to the pan. Cook it for few minutes.
- In a separate bowl mix gram flour and milk together and make a smooth paste.
- Add this paste to spinach mixture in the pan. Mix it and add chopped mushrooms.
- Cover and let it cook for 10 minutes. Stir it occasionally.
- Now switch off the stove and add cream. Mix thoroughly and remove it from the stove.
- Curry is ready to be enjoyed with chapatti, paratha or rice.
2. Wash mushrooms and spinach in lot of water before chopping them.
3. If you find gravy if too thick add little warm water to it.