Stuffed Bhindi or Stuffed okra: A quick tawa fried bharwan bhindi sabzi that goes very well with roti, poori, paratha or just simple rice.
I am always in love with stuffed veggies as they are easy to do and taste just scrumptious. You can also find bhawan tinda, stuffed chilly and now stuffed okra or stuffed bhindi recipe on my blog. All these are no onion and no garlic recipes. One more amazing thing about these recipes is that you can interchange there fillings to make new taste every time.
I make stuffed bhindi or stuffed okra in many ways. Sometimes I fill them with coconut filling, sometimes I stuff them with onions. Todays okra or bharwan Bhindi recipe is super simple. It can be done very fast and is made with few spices available at home. Cook any dal or make a simple raita with it and your lunch is ready.
Today I tried to make stuffed bhindi mild but you can also add ginger garlic paste to make it more aromatic. Also I have not added garam masla in this bharwan Bhindi but if you like spicier Bhindi you can add garam masala and green chillies based on preferences.
Here is the quick Step by step process of making Stuffed Bhindi (bharwan bhindi)or Stuffed Okra. You can also see detailed instructions below on this post.
Wash bhindi / okra in water , wipe and dry them with kitchen towel. Trim both the ends. Slit bhindis without breaking them in two parts. Keep them aside.
In a bowl take all the dry masala and salt and mix them thoroughly. With the help of a spoon or hands fill generous amount of masala in each bhindi.
Heat the pan at medium low heat and add oil. Put stuffed bhindis on the pan, if any masala remains in your bowl, pour it over bhindis on the pan. Let them cook for few minutes. Turn the bhindis over and cover the pan. Let it cook for 7-8 minutes. Stir bhindis after every few minutes. Make sure that bhindis are cooked on low flame throughout the process.
Once fully cooked serve bharwan bhindi hot with paratha, poori or chapati. This simple bhindi recipe will surely enhance the flavor of your everyday meal.
These stuffed Okras go excellent with roti, poori, parantha or rice. Serve them along with raita, pickle, and dal to make it a complete meal. This bharwan Bhindi is simple homemade everyday side dish recipe. If you like more exotic taste, do try my Bhindi-do-Pyaza which is a restaurant style Bhindi masala recipe.
Here is the detailed recipe of Stuffed bhindi (Bharwan Bhindi) or Stuffed Okra:
- Bhindi or okra: 20-25
- Oil: 2-3 tbsp
- Masala for stuffing:
- Coriander powder/ dhania powder : 2 tsp,
- Cumin powder/ zeera powder: 1tsp,
- Dry mando powder/ Amchur powder: 1 ½ tsp,
- Chilly powder/ lal mirch powder: 1tsp,
- Cumin seeds/ zeera: ½ tsp,
- Mustard seeds/ rai: ½ tsp,
- Wash, wipe and trim both the ends of the Bhindi.
- Slit each Bhindi without cutting or breaking them in two parts.
- Combine all the spices in a bowl with salt. Mix well.
- Fill each Bhindi with the spice mixture.
- Heat oil in pan/tawa.
- Transfer the stuffed okra in kadai and Cook on low flame till they are done.
- Serve bhawan Bhindi hot with chapatti.
2. Always cook stuffed veggies on low flame so that they completely cooked from inside.
3. If you like hot you can add more chilly powder or green chilly.